NOD32 v4.0.474 - Blank emails

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by AlexRT, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexRT

AlexRT Registered Member

We're running an Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003 setup in our company, and have up until now had no problems at all. NOD32 v2 has been serving us well and never caused a problem.

In the usual way it seemed time to refresh the anti-virus clients to make sure we were protected, and I tested a few boxes with NOD32 v4.0.474 - as far as I could tell they were fine (bar an initial problem with the NOD32 Outlook plugin, which needed to be disabled). I rolled it out in our callcentre the other week, and unfortunately all has not gone well.

The occasional sent email is blank, in both the sent items and the recipients email inbox. ALL users in our callcentre are experiencing the problem, though I cannot find a trigger. With the amount of emails sent this is causing a huge problem, and I need to resolve it as quickly as possible.

What could be causing the problem and how can I go about trying to fix it? I am tempted to go back to v2 but I would like to try and get v4 working properly..

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Are the clients configured to append the little "Scanned with Nod32 [sig#]" stuff on all sent mail? That could be doing it. I changed my defaults so it only does it to infected mail.

3. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

Hi Alex,

I've only noticed this on 1 computer before and upgrading/reinstalling the antivirus resolved the issue for us. I wasn't able to find the trigger either, as the event was very random.

We have no problems so far when it comes to the 4.2.x product line.

4. AlexRT

AlexRT Registered Member

They are/were Smacky, I've just changed that to infected only on your suggestion - will keep a close eye on it and see if it makes any difference, thanks.

Thanks for that Geosoft, I'll bear 4.2 in mind (these product versions seem to be jumping awfully fast since v2!).

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem might be affected by other Outlook add-ons. I'd suggest contacting customer care, maybe they'll find a suspicious dll loaded by Outlook. Also upgrade to the latest version 4.2.40 which might help as well.

6. AlexRT

AlexRT Registered Member

Just as an update, this was indeed the problem. We no longer suffer with blank emails - Thank you! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.