NOD32 V4.0.437.0 (antivirus only)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by iezeghiel, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iezeghiel

iezeghiel Registered Member

I have been submitting this to eset in every possible way I could. i never got a reply. As the "being user friendly" is out of the question, i guess manual config is a must.
    My problem is with the "web access protection".some flash clips don't load, some flash/js sites neither. for instance http://eu2.looki.com/index.php simply refuse to load and gives an error "your browser doesn't support java &/or JS/session cookies". reversing to v2.7 resolves this issue, but i am getting more and more amon.sys related BSODs and system reboots. and i would rather stay on v4 .. as i bought a 3 years licence with eset and the v4 is apparantely to have resolved the crashes. to be honest, i am GREATLY disappointed with the complications with AV after v2.7. i am thinking quite seriously switching out to Kaspersky ... although i have been using NOD32 for so many years. perhaps eset just reached their end too :(. So .... well i'll just keep hoping a bit more that someone is going to give me some idea of how to resolve this (please don't try to be funny by suggesting to disable the web protection function or some aspects of it ... it would defeat the purpose of havign the antivirus)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Do you use the default configuration/setup at least for the web-access protection ?

Have you played with the Protocol filtering options (switching to "HTTP and POP3 ports only" or "Applications marked as..." ) ?

Have you tried version 3.0.684 ?

3. iezeghiel

i tried default and pretty much every possible combination of configurations. WEIRD ... just as i type ... that site is now ... letting me in. HTTPS is the only one disabled ... and i am not disabling any of the others. if i have to disable anything .... i might as well switch to a program able to do the job. Anyway, i may add more stuff here after i do more tests. ... like ... why did it just let me through now?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Because I told it so ;)

5. iezeghiel

great ... denied access again. managed to log on to one but it logged me of as "expired session" once going to a page inside a log in area. ... so basically this THING seems to have a problem with login sessions - cookies or js cookies or who knows what. i don't know whether i will ever get a real answer from a real ESET guy.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello iezeghiel,

What is your operating system, what security programs are you using or have used in the past, and what browser are you using?

Any information you can supply will be handy for those that can help.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I heard you had a lot of pull.;)

8. iezeghiel

Well... this is how it works. yesterday i decided to give a try to v4 (again) hoping that they have resolved these issues for which i decided to revert to v2.7. so ... NOTHING is different from what i had the system running fine with v.2.7 (less the amon.sys bsods).
    anyway ...
    win xp sp3, zone alarm 7.0.483, browsers- IE, opera, firefox.
    i kinda guess already what your next question is going to be.

9. The Hammer

Contact Eset support. And yes I know this is the user forum but you need a little one on one help.

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Can anyone replicate the problem? It seems they do not use SSL at all and I'm able to log in at any time. Perhaps an interference with other software?

Attached Files:

• scr1.jpg
      scr1.jpg
      File size:
      94.4 KB
      Views:
  11. iezeghiel

wehey ... an ESET moderator. :). Thanks. The site I listed was just one example. It at times letting me in, other times it simply gives me the errors.
    i will post a few errors with different sites which require log in functions. And the errors i get are not due to an SSL scanning thing. that one is disabled by default and i didn't modify it. Errr.... that is when i get them again. for some reason, NOD has decided to let me in again. I will just capture the screen and will be pasting the pics.

12. iezeghiel

messed up again.
    bah ... i give up. reversing to 2.7 until i test kaspersky and decide why everyone says it is better.

Thanks to all those who took the time ot read and reply.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  13. The Hammer

Not everyone says that.;)

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Kaspersky 2010 has issues to, as time goes by it will surface. Personally for me, Eset works better. That is for me.

15. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Remember that v2 detects less threats than v3/v4 and cleaning is not as good as in v4.

I'd rather suggest contacting customer care and providing them a detailed description of the problem as well as step-by-step instructions how to replicate it. Also enclose an xml with exported settings as well as a log from SysInspector as you may have software installed that is somehow interfering with web protection (both can be attached automatically when submitting a support request). If you are able to reproduce the problem, also make 2 logs with http communication captured using Wireshark; one with web protection disabled when the problem does not occur and the other with web prot. enabled when you're unable to open web pages.

16. iezeghiel

i do assume that a newer engine is probably better, but i also take in consideration that the system performance drops a LOT when using v4. it almost makes me think of the reasons for which I dropped mcafee and symantec. still, i'd have v4 ... if it didn't give those headaches with login issues. on the top of that ... something in the v4 gave me some clashes with the audio drivers (those up to date too) ... and a few system reboot. Is it possible that this might be an issue with the quad core cpu i am using? ... i hear that several other packages have problems dealing with quad cores. (eg i had to remove my audigy as it would totally bsod me to death several times a day ... replacing it with an asus xonar resolved the issue). i so miss that creative sound :(. many drivers and soft are still not doing great with quad cores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.