NOD32 V3 receiving email problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lannyboy, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lannyboy

lannyboy Registered Member

previously, i installed with nod32 v2.7 everything was running fine without any problem. but since i installed with nod32 v3.0, email is forced to stop receiving messages when the same sender sending more than 3 mails in continuously. that means nod32 blocked or cut connection port 110 immediately. lets say i was receiving 20 mails, to the 7th - 11th mails were the same sender, i was able to download the first 10 mails (1st-10th) and outlook express showed me the receiving error message. in my inbox, it appeared the first 10 mails unread. but when i clicked 'send and receive mails' again, the same first 10 mails came into my inbox again. it also disconnected again until the 11th mail. if i pressed 20 times, the same 20 replicate mails received... how rediculious? so what i did, i disabled my nod32 email protection and everything was back to normal again. i went to toggle advance , i found there is no way i could just stop this damn mode (anti-spam). can someone please help me to explain and guide me to stop this anti-spam mode while i still can scanning my mails with the anti-virus option.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Are you using v3.0 or a later v3 build? If you're using V3.0, I would advise upgrading to the latest v3.650 and see if your problem is gone.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please send a log from ESET SysInspector to support[at]eset.com with this thread's url enclosed. It should reveal all application you have installed, maybe one of them is interfering somehow with the email protection.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

In my case it was OA v2.130 which had a bug. Fixed now. :)

5. lannyboy

mine is now installed with nod32 v3.0.650. the problem occurred since i installed version 3 onward. i didn't encounter any problem before using v2.x. this is a serious issue...

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I hope you will send the log Marcos requested. It's been quite some time since your original post.

7. lannyboy

may i know how can i log for this macros? thanks.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.