nod32 v3 questions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lekillerderpg, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lekillerderpg

lekillerderpg Registered Member

hi all (sorry for my english) :D :ninja:

in nod32 v3
    can we disable the sending of virus in quarantine?

in nod32 v3
    can we disable the clean option and juste leave the delete option when a virus is found?

in smart security v3
    what is the size of the ram utilised?

in smart security v3/in nod32 v3
    can we update with a right clic on the system icon?

in smart security v3/in nod32 v3
    can we disable completely the log files into the tools section?

in nod32 v3
    can we disable completely the antispyware protection and right to keep the antivirus protection?

in nod32 v3
    can we scan the system with comman lines like
    C:\Progra~1\ESET\nod32.exe /local /adware /ah /all /arch+ /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+
    /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+ /list+
    ?

thx for the reply

2. lekillerderpg

for the last question,i have found the reply in the help file :ninja:

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No.

No because it is much better to simply clean an infected file (this means the AV is able to remove the viral body only and return the infected file to its original disinfected form.

On my machines - about 30 Mbs . NOD32 v2.7 used 23 Mbs in comparison but ESS has a firewall in addition

No . Update is automatic by default , though.

I am not sure.

Yes , but really not necessry.

Yes.

4. lekillerderpg

how disable only the antispy option?

thx for the reply ;)

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

As I said it is really unnecessary . This part does not conflict with any other antispyware applications .

If you still insist on doing this :

Open Advanced Setup Tree (F5 from the keyboard when the GUI is opened) , then in each and every module you should change the settings so that you uncheck detection for Spyware/Adware/Riskware

6. lekillerderpg

there are just
    enable antivirus/spys
    enable anti-stealth

anti-stealth it's for the rootkits?

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is in the Start-up option . Press a button to change the ThreatSense engine settings . The same for Real-time file system , web protection , etc

Yes , Anti-Stealth technology is for active rootkits detection/removal

8. lekillerderpg

found
    thx ;)

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome

10. lekillerderpg

one more problem
    my batch don't work
    someone have an idea o_O

C:\Progra~1\ESET\ESETNO~1\ekrn.exe --auto --files --boots --arch --mail --sfx --rtp --subdir --max-subdir-level=0 --symlink --adware --unsafe --unwanted --pattern --heur --adv-heur --action=prompt --no-quarantine --aind

11. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Try using the ecls.exe and not ekrn.exe.

12. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

While putting the command to do the scan me the next thing happens:

What they think that it can be?

Thanks,
    Fábio

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  13. GAN

GAN Registered Member

You need this parameter as well: --base-dir="C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security"

So i guess it should be like this:
    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecls.exe" /base-dir="C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security" /auto /files /boots /arch /mail /sfx /rtp /subdir /max-subdir-level=0 /symlink /adware /unsafe /unwanted /pattern /heur /adv-heur /action=prompt /no-quarantine /aind

or this:
    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecls.exe" --base-dir="C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security" --auto --files --boots --arch --mail --sfx --rtp --subdir --max-subdir-level=0 --symlink --adware --unsafe --unwanted --pattern --heur --adv-heur --action=prompt --no-quarantine --aind

14. nodyforever

Tested and approved commands but would it like what knowledge it is the difference between these two commands?

Will not it let to do with this command a filing cabinet in which only one would be needed of clicking on him and always to being introducing it in the line of commands?

Thanked for help.

Grateful,
    Fábio

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  15. GAN

GAN Registered Member

There is no difference. It's only that the parameters accept both "--" and "/" so for example if you want to add the parameter aind you could either use "--aind" or "/aind".

Not sure if i understand you second question?

16. nodyforever

Result of test to attachments.

Were not two filing cabinets what he found in the scan in line of commands removed because? Some fault in the ecls.exe?

Re-formulating the second question:

Was it asking about him if it has some method always not to be repeating you enumerate times the command in the line of commands?

Sorry my English

Thanks,
    Fábio

Attached Files:

17. GAN

GAN Registered Member

It seems like the parameter /action=prompt doesn't work. At least nothing happen when i try to use this parameter. The parameter /action=clean seems to work though. Maybe a bug....not sure.

It seems like without the basedir parameter there are some files that cannot be found (probably some dll's) when using the ecls.exe. Maybe adding the ess directory to your path could make it work without the basedir parameter....not sure since i haven't tried that. Not sure if this answer your question or if i misunderstood your question?

Compared to other av software with a command line utility i find the ecls.exe to be the worst i ever seen. I hope eset release a update with a better command line utility in the near future and hopefully one with a windows GUI as well.

18. nodyforever

GAN

I thank for his answers my questions and I like you wait what the ESET improves to each day and corrects the faults which knots and all the users they think how also to introduce tools that are useful for each one we.

Thanks,
    Fábio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.