Nod32 v3 keeps crashing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by brucefan, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucefan

brucefan Registered Member

Have Nod32 v3.0.684 on all of our PC's. All PC's have the same image on them. We have 2 PCs that are now experiencing Nod32 crashes that disable any Internet access. Application log shows "Faulting application ekrn.exe faulting module ntdll.dll". I've tried uninstalling, removing any remnants of ESET in the registry and deleted the ESET directory in the All Users\application data directory before reinstalling and it still crashes. Any ideas on what else to try before I reimage these machines?

2. brucefan

brucefan Registered Member

Forgot...also ran Malwarebytes and Trend Housecall on one of the machines...mywebsearch stuff came up but cleaning it up didn't fix the problem.

3. Jurugi

Jurugi Registered Member

I'm gonna guess that you have Vista. People have said that certain applications cause these errors, and there have been compatibility issues with SP2 security upgrades and NOD32. HDD's Hex Editor software seems to be a common cause of these problems. That's just a broad explanation though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.