NOD32 v3 Is Still A Mess

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DasFox, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I can't believe that I just installed the basic version of v3 not Smart Security and it messed up my internet connection, couldn't even get online or ping.

Then when I went to uninstall it I couldn't even do that, it partially uninstalled it, then I had to reinstall it again, and kill it from running at startup and the services.

NOD32 v2 was such a great AV App, v3 has been a real mess from the word go.

With the way v3 is working I really am beginning to doubt the quality of detections as well, and beginning to think it's time to start looking elsewhere...

I use to be such a die hard for NOD32, but that's changing real fast.

I know ESET is working hard I'm sure, but whatever you are doing it's not working! :(

2. Hangetsu

Hangetsu Registered Member

From one bad installation you've decided all of that? Heck, I give Norton more of a benefit of the doubt... That's not to say you're not having problems, but to make blanket statements about the application is a bit over the top.

Have you contact ESET Support yet?

EDIT: Just to reiterate, there must be something up, as several people have posted on this issue. I'm just stating you are in an unfortunate minority. Here's hoping they can get you fixed up (I know I'd feel the same way as you).

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@DasFox

Hello! Try to repair Winsock and reinstall v3

1. Download fresh new Eset v3 product from http://www.eset.com/download .
    Make sure that you choose the correct version.
    2. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    3. Reboot the computer when prompted
    4. Delete manually these folders:

- C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Program files\ESET

5. Perform Winsock repair

Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset
    N.B. ! If you use Windows Vista , you must first run cmd as Administrator .

6. Reinstall your ESET protection with the file you just downloaded . Use typical install.

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

No I've been messing with NOD32 v3 since it first came out, and it's been a problem ever since, sorry I didn't make this clear from the beginning...

5. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Sorry I'm not messing with it, the application is not proper or stable and needs to go back to the DEV team and it should be marked as a BETA or RC.

This is inexcusable that ESET would release this as a stable final product when it is not...

6. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

You'd probably have a point if everyone was experiencing the issues you describe.

7. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

You must not be reading the posts around here, there have been many people on this forum and across the web having issues with their internet connection going out, and other various issues too...

v3 has been having problems from the start it's a fact!

8. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I agree completly, I have started a few threads that end up dead ends because to be honest ESET just can't own up that v3 is a mess & sorry it's more than a hand full & these are major issues as I stated in the other dead thread, BSOD & where outlook doesn't work. It's not minor issues it's major.

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.