Nod32 v3.0.684 stops during virus scan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by enduser999, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Have a client whose NOD32 v3 was updated to build 684 recently because when she does a on demand scan the scan stops at 80% always on C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WordPerfect Office X3\Utilities .

Is this a known problem with NOD32 and Wordperfect?

2. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

3. enduser999

Realize that one can do an exclusion on the entire directory however why would NOD32 show a directory rather than an indivual file or files?

4. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

May want to also scan the directory , so we can isolate the problem to whatever file is causing the issue.

Thanks

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does installing the latest version 4.0.437 make a difference? What about running ecls.exe to scan the drive with all scanned files logged? Does it stop at the same folder?

6. enduser999

Well I hesistate installing version 4 on this machine as I have had nothing but problems with version 4 locking up 2 computers here so much so that I have reverted back to version 3 which appears to have helped.

7. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

I would recommend that when you are installing ESET NOD32 V4 that you first completely uninstall version 3. Here is a related KB article on how to completely remove ESET version 3 products from the machine.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN558

This will ensure you get a fresh start with version 4. Let us know how it goes.

-Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.