NOD32 v2.7 upgrade

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by scirious, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scirious

scirious Registered Member

Is it possible to upgrade from a single NOD user license to a 2 ESS user license?

TIA,
    Scirious.

2. Trapster

Trapster Registered Member

yes it is, i recently did it. you cannot do it in one transaction however, you have to use the credit card twice to do it and you can only get the price for upgrading from a 2 user NOD licence to a 2 user ESS licence once you have the new username and password after upgrading from a single NOD licence to a 2 user NOD licence; confusing i know. to get an accurate quote for the whole process i had to email ESET, it is all pro-rated i guess as the licence end date doesn't change but ESET told me existing NOD users get a preferential rate to upgrade to ESS so it was financially better to upgrade to 2 users first, at least that was the case for UK customers about a month ago when I upgraded. Here's what to do:-

Step 1

visit eset's website, look for the "purchase" link. then click the link "upgrade ESET licence". After entering your username and password which were sent to you when you first purchased NOD32 you will get an estimate to upgrade from 1x NOD32 to 2x NOD32 - your licence end date will not change so the less time left on it the cheaper it will be.

Step 2
    Wait for your new licence username and password to arrive by email - mine took only about a minute.

Step 3
    visit the same "purchase" link as in step 1 only this time select the "migrate ESET licence" link. Now enter the new username and password you received in Step 2. At this time you will get another charge for upgrading from 2x NOD to 2x ESS, again the licence end date does not change from the original 1x NOD licence.

Step 4
    If you chose to buy you'll receive another new username and passord, this time visit the "download" section of ESET's website and select the "registered software" link to download the software.

Hope that helps :)

3. scirious

I can't buy directly from ESET's site. Any time I try to access the purchase link I'm redirected to a local reseller site and the local reseller doesn't even have ESS available and they don't sell 2 user license, so I believe it is not possible to do it through their site. Is there any thir party site where I can do it? Maybe via betterantivirus.com?

TIA,
    Scirious.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What country do you come from?

5. scirious

6. Trapster

Trapster Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.