nod32 (v2.50.9 beta) wont minimize to sys tray

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WSFuser, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Just now I opened up nod32 and disabled imon to see if that would help speed up a site i was trying to visit, then when i minimized nod32 it the window just minimized to the task bar. ive never had this happen before. i tried closing the control center then restarting it with no luck. i think this is just a weird problem that can be solved with a reboot but i still find it bizarre. any clues?

edit: i restarted my computer but the nod32 window showed up, and i cant minimize it.

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Try reinstalling NOD32 and see what happens....

3. WSFuser

i uninstalled nod32, rebooted, reinstalled the beta, and booted one last time all to no avail. tomorrow i plan to format my computer and hopefully that will eliminate any possible junk files, reg entries, and conflicts. if the problem persists then ill contact eset support. meanwhile any other ideas would be appreciated.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

5. Firecat

Formating is not always the answer. Look at me, for example - some registry cleaning, corrupted file replacing and disabling the MAPI interface fixed my problem :)

You should always try other options first :)

6. WSFuser

ill try running a registry cleaning to fix the problem, but the format is a must. secondly atm i also cannot minimize emule. having those two (program) windows open seems ackward as i dont use them constantly or change their settings often.

7. WSFuser

rather then run a registry cleaner, i first decided to uninstall some programs, one of which was objectbar, upon reboot emule and nod32 minimized normally. im not sure why objectbar would cause such problems but im glad its working now.

8. Firecat

So now, is the format still a must? :)

9. WSFuser

ive actually been planning the format for a while (since a few weeks), so i will format tomorrow if i have time. otherwise ill wait another two weeks til i go to my dads for the weekend (again)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.