NOD32 V2.5 - IMON & CC

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by izi, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. izi

izi Registered Member

Hello!

If you press Default 1 then IMON will Scan all files. But if you press Default 2 button then will IMON scan files with default extensions. Which default button is really default?

I think that i report this minor bug 1 year ago, but bug is still here. I think that version was 2.000.6.

Best regards,

izi

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The Default button nr. 1 sets default values for IMON, the second one (nr. 2) sets the default extension set regardless of the default IMON's settings.

3. izi

izi Registered Member

But default settings for default extensions should be the same if you press button 1 or button 2.

best regards,

izi

4. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

But if the setup is changed to do this, then which button would I press to set default values for how IMON works: Scanning methods, Targets & System? EDIT: Or which button would I press to set it to scan default file extensions?

Marcos has a good point, I don't think there is anything wrong in the setup/GUI. One Default button does one thing in one window, and the other Default button does another thing in another window. Seems logical to me.

5. izi

izi Registered Member

Why button 1 change settings witch you change with button 2? It's not logical!!!

6. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Ok, think about this: 1 button changes default settings
    the other button changes to default extensions .

NOD32 is best set to scan ALL files. But what about if I wanted NOD32 to scan a selected range of file extensions and not all? If I had my special reasons? Then I would definitely need button 2 to select the most likely file extensions for me that could hold viruses, worms, trojans etc.

Do you see the point now?

7. izi-

izi- Guest

The first button change the default extension too. And the second button change the default extensions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.