NOD32 v.4: default settings?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by FoxesHunter, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxesHunter

FoxesHunter Registered Member

Hi, some years I used NOD32 and I remember for getting the best protection I had to configure it. Today I have just installed NOD32 v.4, can I use the default settings or ... can tell me if I have to configure it? I need the best protection.
    thanks a lot!

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Hello,

"Out of the box" settings work just fine. Over time you will find the settings that suit you best in your environment.

3. FoxesHunter

Thanks for your reply and your availability. Therefore is NOD32 v.4 different than NOD32 v.3 settings? I remember very fine I did need 10-15 minutes to set the older NOD32. I'd like to get some info please.

4. siljaline

5. FoxesHunter

I'm sorry, you have not understood my bad english. I mean "Extrasettings". When I used NOD32 v.3 I had to configure "Extrasettings". Have I to configure "Extrasettings" also with NOD32 v.4?
    Thanks

6. siljaline

The extra settings thread for v3.x is here none exists for v4.0. You will need to specifically define what you mean by extra settings so that we may further assist you. Otherwise, you will find what you need over time, what suits you best in your environment.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  7. FoxesHunter

therefore I understand that NOD32 v.4 (by default without config.) works better than NOD32 v.3 by default (without extrasettings). It means that NOD32 v.4 is more pre-configured than v.3. Is it right?
    Thanks for your availability.

8. siljaline

This would not be a correct statement, to say that one works better than the other is not a judgement that I can make for you, the user needs to decide which build best suits her/his environment.
    If you are currently running a v4.x build you could use the extra settings thread as a reference to begin.

This is all I can provide you with at this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.