nod32 v.4.0.314 question about update

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by aerialrave, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aerialrave

aerialrave Registered Member

what If I Didn't Open my PC for a week. Then when I open it. It update itself and It update the latest one, I mean. It miss other old updates while I didn't turn on my PC. :| Is It ok.

Coz sometimes, It just Updates the latest one. Just like what happen last yesterday my virus signature database is 4208 and this morning after the update it just update to 4211 :|

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello aerialrave,

By default, every update will contain all previous definitions not currently installed on your machine.

BFG

3. aerialrave

Yes I didn't Do anything in the update or scheduler. The default was? "Run the task every 60 minutes?" Am I Right? And the Specification Settings was none. @_@ I mean, There's nothing,

Like I said, I didn't do anything after installing it. :)

4. aerialrave

The situation is, Last night it was 4212. Today morning I open my PC
    and watch how it updates. I see that it didn't add the 4213, instead, it just update to 4214 :C If Only I have a screenshot

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you had your computer turned on 24 hours a day, every single update would be downloaded. As it's been said, newer updates cover all previous ones so you're not missing anything.

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

an example is, when you first install the program, you will get 1 update, which includes everything in all the other previous updates.

7. aerialrave

Yeah, For example again. I miss some 2 updates and after the update the VSDB become 4221. Uhm, Marcos, Did you mean that the 2 updates that I missed have already download in the 4221 signature database?

@stratoc
    Using v.4 btw, Uhm, Are you sure that it's working in this kind of version? 4.0.314 sir.

8. stratoc

stratoc Guest

"As it's been said, newer updates cover all previous ones so you're not missing anything.
    Reply With Quote"

9. aerialrave

Sorry for being noob. Don't kill me. The mods may now close this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.