NOD32 v.3 is not letting Proxomitron do it's thing.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Basic, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basic

Basic Registered Member

Hello all,

For some reason I can not get Proxomitron to work with NOD32 version 3. Proxomitron works until I install NOD32 then it won't load web pages anymore.

I have tried adding Proxomitron to Web access protection/Web browsers then adding a check mark and then a cross mark with no luck. I have tried bypassing Proxomitron and all I get is a check my connection settings page. I have disabled antivirus and antispyware protection in NOD32 with no joy.

I hope somebody has some suggestions.

Thanks,

Basic

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  2. LittleDude

LittleDude Registered Member

I believe both programs operate through a proxy so I imagine that is the problem. Perhaps someone more knowledgable can shed some light on this.

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

You'll need to chain both proxies (Proxomitron and ESET's webscanner)
    Web browser > ESET proxy > Proxomitron > Internet

4. Basic

Basic Registered Member

How would I go about doing this? I have never chained proxies before.

5. Basic

Basic Registered Member

Accidentally solved the problem and other than the hours in time it was an easy fix.

After researching proxy chaining on various sites and trying different suggestions thereof. I ran across a paragraph talking about localhost and 127.0.0.1 and had an idea. So I went into connection settings in firefox and entered 127.0.0.1 in place of localhost and lo and behold it worked.

Cool :cool: I now have Proxomitron working with NOD32. Two must haves working on windows vista home premium 64 bit.

6. CrookedBloke

CrookedBloke Registered Member

Thank you for posting again with what you learned.

I'm using NOD32 2.70.39 on my Vista systems. I use the Tor network for proxy services. I had tried EAV 3.x briefly on these admin workstations but rolled back to 2.7 for a variety of reasons.

One reason was all of the trouble I had with EAV 3.x on my production server systems. But I had also noticed that Tor and EAV 3 didn't get along. I never looked into the matter because I was rolling back for other reasons, but I knew that I would have to solve this issue if ESET could get the problems with EAV 3.x ironed out.

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to come back to us with your findings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.