NOD32 v.3 anti-spyware?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by alderaan, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alderaan

alderaan Registered Member

Does the NOD32 v.3 include all of the anti-spyware stuff that's in ESS? Has the anti-spyware capability of the program been improved? Just wondering because although NOD32 calls itself malware protection, it usually isn't included in anti-spyware comparisons. The one time where I recall it was included, it didn't fare very well. Thanks.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

One word, "Yep" will detect spyware as good as the rest I am using it for my AV and AS and I am damn picky.;)

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

definitely! just no firewall or antispam- that's all that's "missing" from nod32 v3.0

4. 4L3X

4L3X Registered Member

Im not very sure what eset define as spyware, but from experience nod has never caught a single item of spyware/adware over the years ive used it.

Even the new security suite dosent seem to pick up spyware any better than the old v2 nod.

Ill stick with using a dedicated anti spyware app like ive always done :)

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well on one machine I have been running the AV beta for quite awhile. Yes its true. And the only thing AVG-AS evers pick up is cookies. Now does this prove the point, no. But it sure rests my mind.

6. Zom17

Zom17 Registered Member

Please pardon my ignorance, but with the security suit I take it there will be no need for an anti-spyware like SuperantiSpyware (which is very good). Correct?

I can't wait to jettison Sunbelt's firewall. I just hope NOD32's firewall is user friendly and provides HIPS.

7. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

:doubt: IMO, I would not be too hasty to unload your ASW or your FW until these new releases are proven better and more effective in independent testing.

If there are links to these test results a lot of users would be interested.

What's the rush?

8. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

ESET have had ad/spyware detection since long time ago:
    untitled.png
    It doesn't hurt to have a second opinion with Ewido/AVG AS, SAS or A-Squared, though.

9. Zom17

Zom17 Registered Member

Well I am really not in a rush though the nightmares I have experienced with Sunbelt's Kerio FW are too numerous to count. My license ran out with my firewall which means I am running the free version now with no HIPS and minus a few other things.

So a good firewall would be a nice addition.

I also don't want to jettison SAS; I'd like to know, though, if there will be any conflicts between the two which is the main reason I asked.

10. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

NOD32 and SAS work well together.
    Escalader is using the old (but gold) Kerio 2.1.5, not Sunbelt's Kerio.

11. Zom17

Zom17 Registered Member

Thanks! This is the information I have been looking for. I'll hold off a few weeks to see how the firewall fares.

12. Escalader

13. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

No single product, nor suite, despite claims can catch everything on a given day - having multiple layers of protection gives you the best "chance" at a clean system.

14. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

actually having common sense usually gives "the best" chance of a clean system

15. Escalader

Agreed, none catch 100%, never will until the www is replaced by a completely clean, fool proof , tamper proof, bad guy proof system.

When will that happen? Not in my lifetime or yours IMO.

16. Escalader

Agreed, common sense is good, but insufficient protection on it's own:'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.