NOD32 v.2.5

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fosius, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosius

fosius Registered Member

hello,

i am using NOD32 2.5 BETA SLOVAK.. I tried to add to Auto-run registry section a item which would run a worm Win32/Aliz.A after system startup.. I ran a test in Control Center->Scheduler. But nothing happened. NOD32 didnt show any warning window. Only in Virus log i found warning about "worm" key in registry.. I wrote about it to ESET but after few mails and I didnt recieve any reply..

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have sent an email to Eset, asking for someone to have a look at this thread and see if we can sort something out.

Cheers :D

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The startup file check task is performed once per 24 hours at maximum.

4. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I know.. I changed the settings in Scheduler to scan always not only once per 24 hours. And as i said virus log contains item about warning: "Infiltration has been found during the scanning of files running automaticaly at start-up". But still no any window warning..

» next minor problem is that i cannot see any "bubble" information after updating.. Bubbles are enabled in my windows registry.
    ---------
    Sorry for my english.

5. Marcos

Hi Fosius,
    please drop an email to support@eset.com and attach the registry branch HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion exported with a link to this thread.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No problem at all. Marcos is very knowledgeable, and should get you sorted out shortly.

Cheers :D

7. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I have sent an email with registry bramch.. waiting for reply...

8. fosius

fosius Registered Member

great... a este lepsie ked mi rozumie po slovensky:)

9. Marcos

Hi Fosius,
    I checked your registry settings and they are actually correct for bubbles to be displayed. Unfortunately, I cannot tell why they are not appearring for you - NOD32 only takes advantage of the functions provided by the operating system and as such cannot handle the process of displaying bubbles itself. Because the issue's really beyond NOD32, I suggest that you contact Microsoft for further advice.

Prajem pekný deň :)

10. fosius

fosius Registered Member

For example when i send a file to burner windows shows me bubble.. or when i close windows messenger it shows me bubble too.. strange..
    » And what about that warning in virus log but no window displayed? thanks

11. Marcos

That's beacuse the bubbles do not appear on your desktop. If an infiltration is found in files run at startup a bubble appears beneath the system tray first and, after you've clicked on it, a window allowing you to run a scan in cleaning mode against those files will appear.

What happens if you run the task manually?

12. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Ked spustim ulohu manualne, tak vidim v spravcovy uloh ze pocitac pracuje a ziadne okno nie je "vyhodene". Ked sa pozrem do protokolu tak zbadam ze tam je polozka informujuca o najdenej infiltracii v suboroch spustanych po starte.. Tak potom ked to je kvoli bubline bublina nie je predsa podporovana vo WINDOWSe 98.. tam je to spracovane tak ze zobrazi upozornenie ihned?

13. fosius

fosius Registered Member

i have just tried the same thing on another computer with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. After running the test virus log contains only information about infiltration but no bubble appeared. and Bubbles are enabled in Windows Registry. So this is not only problem of my computer and my windows. On this computer is installed NOD32 version 2.5 BETA but SLOVAK version.. I think if there is no error in SLOVAK version or something like that... Bubbles are not displayed even after updating...

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

15. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Yes, this registry item is in registry set to 1 (enabled) but still no any warning window or any bubble information displayed.. I have just called to my friend who has the NOD32 version 2.5 BETA SLOVAK. He uses Windows XP Professional SP2 and there are no any bubbles from NOD32 displayed... In my opinion it really looks like error in SLOVAK beta version..

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The bubble could be missing in that version since you aren't the only one not seeing it.
    It's still a beta.

17. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Maybe, I suppose Marcos should tell more about this problem which is probably only in SLOVAK beta version..

18. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

If you're running TweakUI (MS Powertoys), could be the problem. I think it overrides reg settings.

19. Marcos

The Slovak version is ok as all functionalities are independent from the language used.

Attached Files:

20. fosius

fosius Registered Member

So I dont know where is problem... I thought it is only problem of my computer.. But when I saw that another computer doesnt show any bubble, too...

21. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I dont use TweakUI.

22. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I found out the reason why bubbles are not displayed! I have set an option to Always Hide Nod32 Control Center icon... When I set it to Always Show bubbles are displayed.. But i think this should be fix, cause if users set to always hide they won't be informed about "auto-run" worms and so on...Right?

23. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I disabled hide the icons and instead auto hide the taskbar. I got tired of looking for my tray icons.
    My bubble works just fine. :D
    Nice find Fosius.

24. fosius

fosius Registered Member

good idea :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.