NOD32 upgrade, version, quarantine, notifications

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Perplexer, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perplexer

Perplexer Registered Member

I would like to ask some questions about NOD32 Antivirus Home Edition:

1. Is there an option within NOD32 Antivirus to upgrade the program to the newest version/build ? If not, how can I upgrade without losing current settings ? Just install/overwrite ?

2. Where exactly is the quarantine folder located (if I want to browse it with Windows Explorer) ?

3. Why is (at the time of this writing) the version offered on the official website 3.0.667 while some other websites offer 3.0.669 ?

4. If I disable the notifications on the desktop, will I miss any other messages besides those which inform me of a successful virus definitions update ? Many people want to turn those notifications off but I am wondering if there is other potentially more important stuff that is displayed in those notifications that could be more important than simply a notification about virus definitions update.

Thanks for the answers.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When a program component update (PCU) is released, it will be downloaded automatically by default. Currently there has been no PCU for v3 yet, the different versions you've seen fix certain problems reported by users so if you're not having a problem that has been fixed you needn't update to a newer version. We plan to release a PCU for all current v3 users some time soon. If you decide to install a newer version, you can install it over your current version. However, it's better to uninstall the current version first and install a new one from scratch. If you want to retain your current settings, simply export and then import the configuration (this option is available in the main program menu displayed in advanced mode by default).

"C:\Documents and settings\%USER%\AppData\Local\ESET\&PRODUCT_NAME%\Quarantine"

At http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php we offer version 3.0.672 for download. If there's a discrepancy in numbering on certain websites and the links are same, then it's just a wrong version displayed on that website and the installer is most recent.

If you don't want only update notifications appear on the desktop, I'd suggest enabling the "Display notifications requring user intervention" option.

3. Paisit

Paisit Registered Member

I need to know when PCU is work. I heard one of you ESET said "It will release in June" but NOW September ,Do you have any good newso_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.