nod32 upgrade problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by abubin, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abubin

abubin Registered Member

I was using nod32 2.50.25 and RAS/RAC 1.0.7. Then I decided to upgrade to latest version.

I downloaded nod32 LAN for 2k/xp and installed into my server. Then reboot.

Next, I install RAS and then RAC and then reboot again.

Now, when I go into my RAS, i don't see any clients anymore. I though I had to re-add them so I tried doing push installation on one of the PC for testing purpose. After doing the installation and rebooted the client, I still don't see and client on the RAS. I don't even see the server in RAS. What's wrong?

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

did you tell the RAS where the license file is - or - on the previous installation, did you change the default port which might have been lost during re-installation?

3. abubin

abubin Registered Member

err..I think license file is there as I can see my license info. Port was not changed as previous install was using same default port 2222 and 2223.

Ok, I edited my server's NOD32 software to connect to remote administration using port 2222. It was 2223. Anyway now the RAC can see itself as a server and as a client. I tried updating the software on one of the client PC and it will install successfully. Problem is, the PC won't appear in RAC. I already tried rebooting but still doesn't see it in RAC.

Maybe something I mis-configured in my push installation config file?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  4. abubin

abubin Registered Member

I am now faced with another problem arising from this upgrade.

I tried to push this new version into all the clients using RAC. Installation is successful and as usual the client need to reboot to load the new version.

Upon booting up, the system will load and win2k (my client's workstation) will sort of stuck as loading windows with the screen "Applying your settings...". I waited like 30 minutes and still same screen.

Then I tried restarting again and it still stuck at that screen. Somehow I need to restart a lot of times to make the machine load properly. I also tried restarting into safemode or using "last known good configuration" but sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't.

Basically I just need to restart like a lot of time in order for win2k to load back to the logon screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.