NOD32 Updates ...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by msanto, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msanto

msanto Registered Member

Silly question ...

Naturally I know you can get an update by Auto Update. But can I go to the commercial d/l section of the website and d/l a new version when one is released (assuming I already bought it).

Just making sure because if I installed 2.0.0.9 and then had to update using the update mechanism of the SW I would be vulnerable during that time (I know how that works since I installed SP1 on a PC at work that had died and was immed infected before I had a chance to do Windows update).

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you have a license, you can download to your hearts content from the website. It will ask for your password.

3. DarthGW

DarthGW Guest

i dont get it...
    so basically now im using 09 with the license
    so when the offiical 011 comes out
    do i have to download the file or use liveupdate?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

When the new program comes out, you will have to download. After the program is on your disk, definition updates as well as engine updates will be pushed to you. You can download either the definitions or the engine or neither.

Attached Files:

5. msanto

msanto Registered Member

You can use live update, but my question was related to being able to d/l the install file from the website.

Reason: may need to reinstall again. This is what happened w/ my McAfee scanner, but their website does not seem to play well w/ SP2 so I could not redownload the program. And it doesn't allow you to d/l the program to your HD to save so that's the only way to get it.

I don't want to be in that situation again.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Unless something changes with sp2, I see no reason why you can't download the program from NOD32 at anytime.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are able to download a FRESH copy of Nod32 any time you want, so long as your license is current.

You won't be in the same situation again, no problems with downloading ;)

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.