NOD32 update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kloshar, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kloshar

kloshar Guest

Can I update just dat files and no the whole file in nod32? It ask me if I want to download blohbloh.exe file and if I click yes, it ask me for password. But if I click no, does it update patern fileS?

2. sig

sig Registered Member

How are you updating? To update sig defs you must use NOD's update feature. You can manually update using the program (see Update in the Control Center) but the program by default is set to automaticaly check for update at hourly intervals. Or you can choose to set your own choice of time intervals for it to check for updates. By default NOD automatically checks for and installs updates iby itself.

Sounds to me that you are trying to updata from the website and sig def updates are not available from the website. You must use the program to update the sig defs. The site only has the program file itself available for download which is why you're getting the prompt for username/password and then seeing the executable.

3. kloshar

kloshar Guest

No, I have on automatic update, but sometimes it ask me if I want to download 3400 kb new version of file. If I click yes, it want password. But if I click no. ... Will it download only def files?

4. sig

sig Registered Member

The update function also downloads updated program components but that should be only an occasional occurrence. I recall only one major program update some time ago which also was announced on this board although it appears there also was a smaller component update on Sept 24. Since your user ID and password should already be set in the program (Update set up panel), it shouldn't be asking for a password again.

Are you using the Administrator's version of NOD or just the regular commercial version? The behavior you describe is odd compared to the default behavior of the regular commercial version. I can't tell if perhaps you've changed settings from the default and that's why or if there's something else going on.

You should also check your update settings to see if everything there looks OK. NOD's Help file might be of some assistance but the program's update setup panel is fairly self explanatory. Program component updates can be set to occur without user intervention if one wishes. But I have it set to notify and all I do is click yes to update now and it downloads and updates with no request for password.

If you don't get a more helpful response here from someone else (since I can't readily figure out why you're seeing that behavior) you probably also should email ESET support.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi,

we do not use such a file name as blohbloh.exe. Could you please send us a screenshot when this message appears? Anyway, you can control what type of updates is downloaded in Update setup. If you click the Change button and select Perform progr. comp. upgrade only if necessary... , program comp. upgrades won't be performed (this option rather means that no PCU will be performed at all)

6. sig

sig Registered Member

Marcos, I think he meant to say like blahblah exe, a nonsense term since he couldn't remember the exact file name. ;)

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You need to place your Username and Password into the Control Panel\Update\Setup that your reseller/Eset sent you. And then you need to accept the new component upgrade which is about 3MB. Usually virus signature file updates are anyware from 7 to 70k in size, and generally any larger than that is a engine upgrade.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.