NOD32 Update process...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by smee00, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smee00

smee00 Registered Member

Good evening everyone,

I am looking at purchasing a NOD32 licence for personal use, my gripe with my current vendor 'Panda', is that I have to uninstall, install and configure all my settings year in year out. Because I use multiple licences in multiple locations this has become a time consuming task that I dread every year.

What happens with NOD32 software year by year, does it simply update when yearly licences are updated, or do I have to spend my time installing?

I would really like your feedback

Smee

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Is there a reason for using multiple licenses and not just one covering all the computers you administer?

3. smee00

smee00 Registered Member

I have 1 licence which covers 3 PC's, and one licence for 1 PC.

This is because of the licensing restrictions imposed by panda for personal usage.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

With ESET, there are no such limitations. You will simply purchase one license covering all 4 computers. When your license is due, you'll purchase a renewal and the validity of the license will be prolonged accordingly, starting from the date of license expiry. ESET will continue updating without any intervention into settings.

5. smee00

smee00 Registered Member

Thank you Marcos

This sounds like much less work for me, also a much more reasonable solution.

I will try one licence first, I have a separate PC that needs protection.
    Maybe they will offer discounted promotions in time for when I need to switch over to NOD32 for the other machines this time next year.

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

You may have to uninstall/install again to upgrade when ESET releases version 5.0 (whenever that is) - but only to move up a MAJOR version - if v4.2 becomes v4.3, then an installation over the top of the existing system will upgrade you to the latest minor version upgrade - including all settings.

7. smee00

smee00 Registered Member

Thanks webyourbusiness

The problem with 'Panda', is that every year without fail they require a complete uninstall/install/reconfig.

If I can avoid this ritual, this will be a god send!
    If NOD32 only do this once in a blue moon, then I have still saved myself the 'Anxiety' of the dreaded update.

I cannot believe that Panda settings cannot be exported and imported, one needs to locate where they have put old functions, identify new ones which is rare, but still it all takes time and I am just sick of the hassle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.