NOD32 Update Issues

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by CoolShady, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolShady

CoolShady Registered Member

Hi guys,

I have joined these forums as a last resort to try and solve the issue that I am having with NOD32.

I have been trying to update it for around a day now and whenever I do, it seems to download the files that it needs but it then says that the virus database could not be updated because the files does not exist, as you can see here: http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/Cool_Shady/Untitled.jpg

I also seem to be having a networking issue with my PC that I think is related so as a last resort I though that I would try to uninstall NOD32 and install it again to get around the issue but whenever I do that I get the error "Error getting file security: C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Logs\ GetLastError: 5" and then the installer proceeds to roll back

I have trawled the net for almost a day now to try and resolve these issues but with no luck.

Would anyone be able to lend me a hand?

I have just managed to remove the whole program from my system but now whenever I try to install it again it get the error "An error occurred when trying to create the directory: C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Logs\eScan"

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello CoolShady,

Check the permissions on those folders, as well check the temp directories. Make sure you are logged on as the administrator and try disabling the UAC.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.