Nod32 Spyware Detection

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dwood, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwood

dwood Registered Member

We've got some compainy trying to sell us some anti-spyware software, but as Nod32 does dectect spyware we don't really want buy anything else. So heres a couple of questions.

1. How good is Nod32 at dectecting spyware?

2. How many spyware signatures does Nod32 have?

Thanks

Dan

2. Mike415

Mike415 Registered Member

NOD doesnt really detect spyware yet, as for the program that peopl are trying to sell you which one is it because many are actually spyware themselves.

3. dwood

dwood Registered Member

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

While its true that NOD is not TARGETED towards spyware detection, it actually does quite good at it as our resident tester Firefighter tested it and it came out to be very good at detecting spyware.

5. LedZep

LedZep Registered Member

NOD32 indeed does a very good job at detecting and blocking spyware, best of all AV solutions I've tested sofar. In the fight against spyware, never rely on AV software alone but use tried and tested tools such as adaware, spybot search and destroy and afcourse HiJackThis.

As for the product being pushed to you, I'd be cautious and look for independent reviews, etc. (didnt see any testimonials on their site, just list of 'customers') I've seen (and cleaned up) far too many messes caused by software that didnt do what it promised to do to not be cynical and cautious. NOD32 passed my tests with flying colors :D

Regards,

LedZep

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well the one and only best AV at detecting spyware is Kaspersky (as for other malware like trojans). But NOD32 may pick some spyware with heuristics or even with signatures (yeah,they have them too). Most common is IstBar...

7. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

NOD32 is about to get alot better . The new release will be strong in this area . Not only will it detect spyware / adware , it will stop it BEFORE it can download any dll s on your system . The potential is incredible . We will have to wait to see just how good it is .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.