nod32 single user license

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tamdam, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tamdam

tamdam Registered Member

hi,

my first post here, first of all ive been trialing nod32 and been impressed because its so fast and smooth, and very unintrusive unlike some others around.

i'm interested in buying a single user license, but i noticed they said can't be installed on LANs. Now it might be just me but i'd say this stupid- doesn't like half the world's PCs run on LAN or something? i guess i can understand their stance on anti-piracy and so forth, but this kinda screws me cause my laptop is connected to a wireless LAN adsl connection. questions:

1) how much does eset care about this? i gotta say nod32 is prbably one of the more expensive antivirus around, probably justified, but i not too keen paying up and then eset making my license invalid cause of this. i'm not willing to pay up for a rather expensive network license, because the other computers are run my other family members who i couldnt give a stuff about i.e. no plans to install nod32 on any other computer than my own, they can stick with their avg or avast or whatever

2) on a side note i read eset gave discounts to students?

btw i have already emailed the eset sales twice but they didnt respond, so i dont know what to deduce from that.

anyway, help would be much appreciated

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello tamdam....Welcome to Wilders,

Do you have a link to what you have read concerning "installed on LANs" ?

I feel certain it is a simple matter of mis-interpreting what was read and would be interested in reading what you found. I too have a LAN but I have a single user license installed on only one PC and do not feel I have violated any EULA.

Bubba

3. tamdam

tamdam Registered Member

hi bubba

i went to the nod32 purchase page:

http://www.nod32.com.au/nod32/purchase/new_license.html

it says:

"Single PC License . . .

A Single PC License is valid for one stand-alone workstation of laptop only! It cannot be used on any Server Operating System or on a computer connected to a LAN. "

if you havent had any problems then maybe im being too paranoid.

any other opinions?

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi tamdam, welcome to Wilders.

A single user license for a single PC is perfectly fine in this instance.

Correct, Student ID is required.

I do know that all emails sent to the correct email address are replied to, in Australia (as you have indicated) this is info @ nod32.com.au

Cheers :D

5. tamdam

tamdam Registered Member

blackspear, thanks for the heads-up! I actually used the email link on nod32's australian website: sales@nod32.com.au...anyway, i'll try the email address you provided. I don't know if you communicate with eset australia or whatever, but they probably should reword that single-user-license LAN thing on their purchase page :)

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.