NOD32 Signature Updates & Resource Consumption

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by localhost, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. localhost

localhost Guest

Hi all

I have installed NOD32 recently and everything is working fine. Just a few questions to ask

1) Why is the update file so big even when I update regularly? (Around 1.6MB)
    2) I have heard of others mentioning NOD32 don't really consume much resources. However, a check shows that it is around 15MB (nod32kui.exe & nod32krn.exe). This is roughly what norton 2003 consumes when I was using it previously.

Any ideas?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Are you using the trial version?

3. localhost

localhost Guest

Nope. A licensed copy

4. Nirvy

Nirvy Registered Member

Thats weird. The definitition updates i recieve are about 20-40k max.

When i was using the trial version they were the full 1.6 - 1.8Mb. Sure you registered it properly? Put in your user name password?

Right now my nod32krn.exe is using 9056k and my nod32kui.exe is using 903k

On my laptop i use Norton, as the subscription doesnt run out till Novemeber, but its services together are using 24Mb, and when scanning this rockets to 40mb+

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It is likely that you have the trial version installed with your user/pass entered in the update setup panel. Please uninstall NOD32 and download & install the appropriate full version from http://www.nod32.com/download/download.htm

6. localhost

localhost Guest

Hmm. Will check out the suggestions.

7. localhost

localhost Guest

Hi Marcos, you are indeed correct :) I downloaded the full version and with my username and password, the updates are smaller now.

Nirvy, I still don't seems to be able to achieve the memory consumption as mentioned by you. My current usage for (nod32kui.exe - 5,176K) and (nod32krn.exe - 12,312K).

Any ideas?

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe Nirvy is not using graphics interface.

9. localhost

localhost Guest

Ah, interestingly enough, the memory consumption has dropped to about (3,752K for nod32krn.exe & 924K for nod32kui.exe).

Nonetheless, thanks for all the help guys :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.