NOD32 scan gives "Leave" option only

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MojoCal, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MojoCal

MojoCal Registered Member

I just installed the NOD 32 trial version yesterday. I have it set to mostly the default settings although I did add some Blackspear recommended options. On scan, I have "advise" rather than just "delete", just to be on the safe side.

When I scanned, I got 4 alerts. On one or two of them, I was offered a chance to delete and I did. On the others, in SUN Java Application folder, the only box on the screen was "Leave", the other boxes such as "Delete" were faint, and you couldn't select them. I could not find another way to delete them in NOD. Any suggestions? I was really surprised you have to leave something which supposedly is a threat.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi MojoCal, welcome to Wilders.

In memory infections require a reboot.

Java cache can be cleared by following THIS LINK

Cheers :D

3. MojoCal

MojoCal Registered Member

I couldn't come up with the Java control panel, so I uninstalled all the Java from computer using Control panel add/remove programs. Still get the Java cache coming up in the scan.
    What is involved in reboot to clear memory infections?
    Are there any other ways to delete Java cache or java programs so they don't show up in scan?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Since you have uninstalled all Java stuff , manually delete the folder C:\Program files\Java

Dump the contents of your IE cache
    Start -> Settings -> Control panel -> Internet options -> Delete files

Dump the contents of the Mozilla FireFox Cache ( if you use Firefox )
    Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cache -> Clear

It is highly recommended that you update to the latest version which is Sun Java JRE/JSE Version 6.0
    http://java.sun.com

Then configure NOD32 as per Blackspear settings , in the on-demand scanner you need to make everything Clean(quarantine) - Delete(quarantine)
    The infected cache in in archive and NOD32 can't delete the whole archive .
    Then perform full Scan&Clean
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=450664#post450664

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.