Nod32 scan engine

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ctrl, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctrl

ctrl Registered Member

Hello, :) I am currently using the nod32 trial version, and i have some doubts regarding the scan engine. Is there any setting which will allow to scan only new and modifies files. I mean whenever i copy some files to my removable drive or somewhere else it starts to scan and it takes a lot of time. It scans every time even though the files are not affected. :( If there was a way to let nod32 learn the files already on the computer, so much time would be saved scanning the same files over and over again.
    If there are any settings or workarounds please let me know.
    Thanks. :)

2. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

In the advanced set up you can choose optimised scanning and it will only scan changed files when you do an on demand scan.

The real time scan only seems to scan on file opening, file creation and file execution so I suppose if you deselected file creation maybe that stops scanning of moved files.

3. ctrl

ctrl Registered Member

"Files are scanned again immediately after each virus signature database update." i think they should make their scan engine faster. It takes around 2 hr to scan my 160gb. Also the cpu usage is only 50% on my c2d. No multi processor support. o_O

4. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Are there no files types you have that don't need scanning? I have loads of FLAC files and tell NOD not to scan them. There's others you could choose. Optimise scanning also means only files that have changed get scanned. If you have set heuristics to advanced heuristics I think it takes longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.