NOD32 says it's up to date but it's not!!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by English Teacher, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. English Teacher

English Teacher Registered Member

Hi,

I have recently came back from a 2 week holiday (Lucky me!!) only to find that my NOD32 will not update or better it says that the virus database is up to date when it is obviously not!!!
    I had a different database Update before the re-install (I can't remember the number but it was from this date (20100701)

I have un-installed using the un-installer in safe mode, re-booted, used ccleaner and re-booted and downloaded a fresh copy of the installer and installed it

My version of NOD32 is 4.2.58.3 (Free Trial) with database Update 5227 (20100624) and even though I have run the updater several times it still says that no update is available. I can see that the latest database version is 5286, so nearly 60 updates ago!!

Is there any way I can download the updates manually and put them into the programs folder?
    Thanks in advance.

PS Yes, I have allowed an exception in the Windows Firewall and yes I did turn off MBAM and Superantispy.

I didn't have this problem before my holiday so is it just a temp prob?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. English Teacher

English Teacher Registered Member

Thanks Cudni for your reply but it wasn't needed. The NOD32 update started as soon as I went onto the internet. The update was completed successfully I'm now at Update 5287 (20100717) which is the latest.

I believe that this was just a glitch with the their update server because it said it was updated on two different NOD32 programs when it was clearly not.

Anyway this problem has been SOLVED!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.