Nod32 resellers- who to go with?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by psych1610, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psych1610

psych1610 Registered Member

Redneckville, FL .. originally Newburgh, NY!!!!
    Hi all, I know this has probably been asked multiple times before but I was never able to find one that specifically answered my question. Currently I have the trial version of Nod32 downloaded from www.eset.com. I've finally decided to buy the actual product and support this great company, however, in my searching I discovered there are student discounts. On Eset's site it says nothing about this (that I could find).

Doing a few searches I found these three websites:

http://www.nod32usa.com/

http://www.nod32-av.com/

http://www.nod32-antivirus.net/

I'm assuming these are all resellers for Nod32. So my question is does it make a difference where I get it from?

Will I get more or less support? Like phone support, or email support, or IM support, or any support? Will the program updates all be the same (I understand 3.0 should be along soon)

Is one recommended? I live in Florida in the USA, just so everyone knows in case that makes a difference?

Finally, assuming I choose one of these resellers do I just enter the username/password they email me? I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall everything again.

Thanks for the help, I apologize if it is too repetitive. Just wanting to make sure I get the same deal/best deal.

psych1610

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

There shouldnt be any difference.

Yes the updates will be the same and yes you can just enter the username/password (instructions here).

3. psych1610

Hi, thanks very much for your response. I'll probably just close my eyes and pick one then :)

Anyone else have a suggestion, not that I don't appreciate yours WSFuser.

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Going with the reseller that's in the same geographical area to where you live probably would be the best way to go.

5. Mascot

Mascot Registered Member

Granted, this is my pet peeve, but still worth mentioning I figure.

I would go with whichever offers you a sensible option for renewing once the year is up.

My NOD32 runs out in august and I'm switching to something else (free avast probably) at that point cause the only authorized reseller in my area requires you to email to inquire about pricing options when renewing instead of letting me just log on and renew.

6. psych1610

I guess I should try and get one close to home then. Does anyone know of a reseller in, or nearby to Florida. Every other one I see is out in Colorado or Indiana I think. I've even used google to search for nod32 resellers out here in Florida but nothing useful comes up. There must be at least one...

Barring that I don't think buying a subscription from a reseller out in Colorado will hurt any... it is reasonably close compared to Australia and Europe I guess :)

*edit* Something else I just noticed was that a reseller like http://www.nod32-antivirus.net requires you to download their version of nod32 (which is the same as all other ones I presume) to enter a username and password designated by yourself at the time of purchase. I deduced that from this sentence on their faq page:

"I purchased the full version and still see the message "The trial period of your NOD32 license has expired!"

Go to "Start" then "Programs" then "Eset" then "Uninstall" (with this you will clear the current version from your computer), reboot your PC, download & install the commercial version from our Download page."

Personally, I would rather not have to go through the trouble of uninstalling the trialI downloaded from www.eset.com, just to go to this website and download the same thing just so I can enter a key. It probably wouldn't be too much trouble but it took me about 2 hours the first time to get everything right, I'd rather not do it again. Are there any other alternatives??

*yet another edit* I just called "http://www.nod32-av.com/" those guys located in Indiana and will probably go with them just because they have a phone #, IM, and Email support. He also informed me it doesn't matter much where I purchase from since we're all in North America. I would still like opinions if anyone has them, I don't want to mess this up. I'd just like support when I need support and product updates/upgrades on time like everyone else.

FIRST TIME PAYING FOR AN AV!! WHOOO!!!

psych1610

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET have a section:
    http://www.eset.com/partners/napartner.php

Opening it , you'll notice this:
    Eset NA partners.PNG

Florida partners:
    http://www.eset.com/partners/napartner.php?state=FL#list

If you don't want a local Florida reseller , you can purchase from anybody authorised around the world (including me in Bulgaria , Europe ;) ) but from the three in USA you write about I personally would pick-up nod32usa.com . This is webyourbusiness . I haven't seen the other two mentioned to be members here

Don't forget also , that no matter who you purchase from , ESET will always provide you with forum/email and phone support and you will always get updates/upgrades for free as long as the license is active

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2007
  8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Let me reiterate:
    If it doesnt work then post back.

9. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Wrong. Rumpstah is also a member at Wilders and works for NOD32-AV. Personally, I found NOD32-AV's (http://www.nod32-av.com) support to be very, very good, and would rather recommend this Eset authorised Gold Partner to potential customers. :)

10. joel406

joel406 Registered Member

I work for a NOD32 retailer in Central Florida. The Tampa Bay area. We just get user names and passwords straight from ESET when we need them. And I'm proud to say we have been pumping em out to the order of 2 a day. Somedays 3 to 4. I suggest doing it the easy way and go straight to ESETS main web site and get a UN and PW and download it directly fronm them. And then sit back and enjoy your newfound feeling of security. You've made a very smart choice.

11. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Support responsiveness may vary. What I typically do--and I know it may not be the nicest thing in the world to do--is to send each one a (valid) support request or query of some type. I then gauge the timeliness and quality of the response. It may not be scientific, but it can be instructive.

12. psych1610

Thanks for all the great responses, I think I've figured it all out.

Nameless, during your "test" any one who faired the best?

psych1610

13. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I "sort of" had a reseller picked out, but as it was months ago, I can't remember who it was. At the time, I got fed up with waiting and decided to simply buy direct from Eset.

14. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

I had excellent service from:- http://www.nod32-av.com who are in the USA.
    I live in Spain, but the exchange rate USD to Euro made it a better deal to buy and pay in US Dollars!

15. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

rogervernon - if you purchase from the US reseller, you put them in a situation of selling outside of their territory - which can COST THEM THEIR RESELLERSHIP (? is that a word). Basically, the new reseller agreement allows a reseller to sell in a restricted geography - in the case of a US or Canadian reseller - that territory is the USA (it's dependents - I think - still awaiting final word on that) - and Canada - Spain is NOT part of that territory.

Please buy from a reseller in your local part of the world - no matter how attractive the exchange rate.

16. Firecat

NOD32-AV is no reseller, they are an Eset authorized gold partner. Before purchasing my own NOD32 license in 2005 I had this whole regional reseller issue clarified with the company and they didn't mind the fact that I was not from the USA. Reseller rules probably only apply to resellers, not partners/distributers. :)

17. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I can assure you that we are a Gold Partner as well - the rules are clear - if you sell outside of your territory without permission from the DISTRIBUTOR whose territory you are selling into, it is grounds for IMMEDIATE TERMINATION.

Firecat, you have to realize that ALL resellers, bronze, silver, gold partners come under Eset LLC in the USA and Canada - these new guidelines were issued very recently and I know more than a little about them because we are one of the major Gold Partners in the USA. We sell a LOT of product, as does nod32-av - I can assure you that no Gold Partner would want to jeopardize their status, because a single sale isn't worth wasting a relationship of many years.

Please do NOT assume you know what the current state of affairs between partners/resellers and Eset LLC is, when your only experience is making an END-USER PURCHASE back in 2005... that hardly qualifies you as ANY kind of expert on the internal workings of a company.

18. Firecat

All right, I'll back out from this now. You are right, I have little idea of the internal workings of a company, and will leave the matter at that. :)

19. psych1610

Thanks a lot everyone for your answers. I went ahead and purchased a license from a reseller and everything is running smoothly!

psych1610

20. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

A whole can of worms opened!

In all innocence by both parties - I had no way of knowing this Eset rule and they had no way of knowing where I lived! All communication from my end was by my Gmail account.

21. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

psych1610,
    Welcome to nod32. Sorry to be late now that you are in the fold. FWIW, I'll still be a name-dropper. When I was getting into nod I did alot of reading. Did not know about this forum until post purchase. I contacted ESET in CA with some techincal confusion in their documents. ESET's tech support suggested I contact Peter Streips at Smart Quote (.com) in Charleston, MA.

I contacted Peter via the phone and he graciously answered all my silly questions. :D Even though I am in NW Georgia (usa), I chose Peter as my sales/order point. Smart Quote was fast and very professional in helping me setup my nod32 Enterprise Edition within 36 hours. It is the strongest, lightest, most amazing piece of sw that I have ever used. And, now that you are with Wilders', if your future questions can not be answered to your satisfaction within this forum, someone at ESET always does respond. Very nice company is ESET.
    I can highly reccommend Smart Quote and Peter Streips personally.
    HTH,
    Duncan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.