NOD32 Reports TSR.BOOT Virus Only If Music Player Is Connected

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by No I Am Not, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No I Am Not

No I Am Not Registered Member

Something odd here. Tonight NOD32 reported it had detected a threat: "MBR sector of the 2. physical disk - probably unknown TSR.BOOT virus". After some experimentation, I realized that this only happened if my music player, an iriver Clix2, was connected to my computer. If I disconnected the player and ran the scan again, no threats were reported. Then if I reconnect the player, NOD32 decides there is a threat again.

I tried the Trend Micro online scanner for a second opinion, and it did not detect any threat.

So, I am hoping this is just a weird false-positive. I could not find anything online about the NOD32/Clix2 combination, so I apologize if this is old news.

Should I be concerned about this?

-- NIAN

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

it does sound like a weird FP. Good that you reported it

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

If you believe it was/is a false-positve detection, you may submit the log file or file to ESET

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

In order to investigate this, ESET's virus lab will need to examine a copy of the master boot record from your iRiver Clix2 digital media player.

I will send you a private message with further information.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.