NOD32 - renewal(?)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by SG1, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Following is info on ver. of Nod32, that I have; or perhaps I should say, it
    indicates most recent update that I could obtain.

NOD32 system information
    Version: 1.782 (2004060:cool:
    Installed on: 06/08/2004
    Virus database build: 3812
    Environment version: 1.047
    Last Update attempt: 06/13/04 16:01:25

Operating system information
    Platform: Windows 98
    Version: 4.10.2222 A
    Common controls version: 5.81.3314
    RAM: 223 MB

Diagnostics information
    Base module build: 3776

While I do not recall seeing any Lic. renewal reminder/pop-up, apparently my Lic. has just recently expried: my query is, does anyone know exactly where to go to renew program Lic., so I can continue updates?

Someone at eSet wrote me that "When you purchased the renewal, you should have received a new username and password that needs to be changed in the Control Center."

Well, again, to purchase a renewal >where exactly do I go< to do that?
    {My first indication of something amiss, was that at updates time, the program seemed to think my username/password was incorrect}.

I was further told "Please download the commercial version at:
    http://nod32.com/download/download.htm if you don't already have version
    2. If you have version 1 or the trial version, you will need to uninstall this first."
    I have been using a paid for commercial ver., for the past year; yet, it seems that... I have to now download Ver. 2, for renewal? I ask, as that's slow going on a dial up connection. Have I been using an old ver., all this time?

Many thanks for any info/help, on this.
    SG1 (Pat)... a bit confused. Sorry...

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Send an email to sales@nod32.com. I would expect you would hear something Monday morning.

3. sig

sig Registered Member

To renew go to ESET's website, under the "purchase" tab at the top, go to appropriate local website for your country if one is available. For the USA you'll get this page: http://nod32.com/purchase/purchase_usa.htm

NOD Version 2's final release I believe was a year ago this month. Do you have the NOD control center, AMON and IMON for scanning email? What you posted looks looks like version 1 info not version 2. And my understanding is that version 1 will not continue to be supported for Windows.

If I were intending to continue to use NOD I would renew and then download version 2, uninstall version 1 and install version 2. I used only dialup for years and downloaded all sorts of things, including AV's. other programs, IE 6, service packs, etc. I don't understand why people don't want to download things while they're using dialup. Yes, it takes a while to download larger files. So go do something else while you're downloading something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.