NOD32 Remote Administrator Server migration

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rpremuz, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpremuz

rpremuz Registered Member

In a MS Windows domain I use NOD32 Remote Administrator Server v. 1.0.9.

The NOD32 RAS should be migrated to another machine as the current Windows server where the NOD32 RAS is installed will be removed from the domain.
    That RAS holds the mirror for updating NOD32 clients and it is also upper server for a RAS in another site.

Is there any documentation regarding that issue?

TIA.

Robert Premuž

2. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Create your second RAS machine, and set up the mirror files on that machine to point to iteself (the new machine). Then, send a Configuration Change to all of the machines from the old RAS machine, using the NEW configuration file from the NEW machine (with the new pointers in it) as the template. As your machines check in with their existing server (the old one), they will pick up the change automatically and start communicating with the new RAS and picking up their changes and definitions from it.

I do this all the time as I change machine from location to location (23 different sites/servers) and for rolling out new versions. It's actually easier than reading through all of the parentheses that I put in the instructions... :D

Jack

3. rpremuz

Following you instructions I tried to install NOD32 RAS 1.0.9 on another machine that was a NOD32 client of the old RAS.
    The installation procedure (on the new machine) was as follows:
    1. I installed NOD32 Antivirus – administrator version over existing NOD32 Antivirus - standard version.
    2. In the NOD32 Control Center I set up the NOD32 update from Internet and created NOD32 mirror. Also I removed the connection to the old RAS (for remote administration).
    3. I installed NOD32 RAS using the license file that was installed on the old RAS (as the new RAS should replace the old RAS).
    4. I installed NOD32 RA Console that connects to the new RAS. But when starting RAC, it said:
    "You are connected to trial version of NOD32 Remote Administrator Server.
    Support provided for a limited number of workstations (2) only."

Why is that?

-- rpr.

4. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

First, I would suggest that you uninstall the NOD that you have on there right now, and reinstall the Admin version. A clean install is best for this sort of thing. Once you have done so, try this if the clients are NOT reporting to the new server:

1. Create the mirror files on the new machine. Make sure that they point to the new machine for reporting and updating.
    2. Copy the NOD32RA.LIC file to C:\Program Files\Eset\RA\Server, then reboot the new machine
    3. On the original RAS machine, create a Configuration Change task for all of the machines, selecting "Create from Template" and selecting the .XML file from the NEW RAS machine as the template to use. Send this to all of the clients.
    4. Open a Console connection to the old machine and verify that the machines are picking up the change.
    5. Once the clients have swapped servers, you can decommission the old machine.
    6. Have a beer.

If the only problem is the "trial version, two connections" message, then it's likely that you may have put either the wrong license file on the server, or put it in the wrong place. Check the time/date stamp on the license file, make sure that it's in the proper location (see step 2 above), and that it's the ONLY license file in that directory. It sometimes takes some time before the license file is read properly, which is why I listed the reboot in step 2. If the problem still exists, skip to step 6 and we'll try it some more... :D

Hope that helped.

Jack

5. rpremuz

Restart of the NOD32 Remote Administration Server service was helpful :)
    Now the RAC doesn't complain about the licenses.

Cheers!

-- rpr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.