NOD32 RAS Service Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by embj, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. embj

embj Registered Member

Hello all, we just purchased NOD32 at my office a couple days ago. I've started setting it up, and I'm about to the point where I push it out to the clients. However, I'm having a bit of a problem getting the RAS setup. I can't seem to get the service working. Whenever I try to manually start it, it says "The NOD32 Remote Administration Server service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do." I've searched the forums, and I haven't seen anything about it.

I'm running it on SBS 2003 SP1, and I have the Exchange Server version of NOD32 installed on it. I've checked the licenses in System Setup, and it lists 'NOD32 for MS Exchange Server' with 10 licenses. We purchased the Small Business Edition. I've also restarted the server twice, so I'm at a loss for what to do. Any ideas?

Also, I just upgraded all the client computers to Vista. I've opened up port 2224 on all the clients, and they're all joined to the domain with file/printer sharing enabled. Is there anything special that should be known about pushing it to the clients when you're using Vista?

Thanks.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi embj, welcome to Wilders.

What previous antivirus software was on that machine?

Cheers :D

3. embj

embj Registered Member

Hey, thanks for the welcome. :) Symantec Corporate 10.1 was previously installed on it.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Should the problem persist, send the log program files\eset\ra\server\nod32ra.log to support @ eset.com along with a link to this thread for perusal.

6. embj

embj Registered Member

Aha...I figured it out. I decided I'd check out the log file before I sent off an email to you all. It was telling me that my license was invalid, and I just replaced nod32ra.lic with the valid license. For some reason, every time I tried to download the license file using Outlook Web Access, it downloaded a corrupt file that was 0 bytes and had nothing inside of it. So, I downloaded it using Outlook and transferred it over to the proper directory. After I did that, it started up just fine, and I was able to login using RAC.

Thanks...I'll be able to start pushing it to the clients now. I'll be back if I have any issues. :D

7. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Has the .lic file been placed in the correct folder, C:\Program Files\ESET\RA\Server by default?

Is it valid? To check go to the NOD32 Control Center (down by the clock) > NOD32 System Tools > NOD32 System Setup > Setup > License keys tab > Add.

In here, navigate to the Server folder and place it on the License keys list. Does it return the correct information?

BFG

8. BFG

BFG Registered Member

You beat me too it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.