Nod32 protection ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by asoare13, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asoare13

asoare13 Registered Member

Hello,

I have decided to install a new antivirus program and I read on the internet that nod32 is among the best ones. However, I would like to know what are its strengths and weaknesses, so that I know what additional software I need for security. For example, I have read that it is not that good at detecting trojans.
    So can someone please tell me what does it thoroughly protect me against and what other security software I might need for complete protection against any type of malicious software ?

I know I need a firewall (for now, I'm using Windows firewall), I'm still deciding on one. Can you recommend me a firewall that goes well with nod32 and completes it ? I'm thinking Outpost, but I'll have to wait for the vista version. For antispyware I use windows defender. What else ?

And another question, what is ESS supposed to be ? a security suite that includes nod32 ? Any idea when it will be released ?

Thank you for your time.

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi

NOD32's strengths are: speed, advanced heuristic, detection malware, very few false detections.:thumb:

Your opinion about detection trojans is bad. Each AV misses threats, not only NOD32.;)

I recommend you install firewall, yet. NOD32 includes detection of spyware/adware/riskware. So it is your conclusion.

ESS is new security suite, which includes AV, firewall and antispam.

More informatons about ESET and their products you can recieve on websites in my signature.:thumb:

3. rexpart

rexpart Eset Staff

-post removed-

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2007
  4. lun3rst4r15

lun3rst4r15 Registered Member

i got the same question above as shouldn't he get another program to help detect trojans like TH5 since it probably has better defintions in that type of field?

5. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Do you think Trojan Hunter?

This program isn't legitimate.;)

6. aieie

aieie Registered Member

I'd add a HIPS software.

Could throw in a protection layer that's useful sometimes :)

Best Regards

7. Dogtag

Dogtag Registered Member

Been running NOD and Comodo BOClean for some time now and no probs, work well together and if your worried about NOD not catching trojans, then BOClean is a good secondary defence.

Hmm, you could use a free F/W while waiting on a final vista release?....zonealarm and pctools are the only freebies i know of?(others may know more).

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  8. kenshi

kenshi Registered Member

Is NOD32 that complex that it needs to have its own forum? I've heard this is a drawback from various websites. Thanks.

9. The Gorilla

The Gorilla Registered Member

Some people say that nod is complicated to set up - I personal do not think so.

You are faced with two options, you can install it and leave the default settings or look at Blackspears advanced setting.

If you still unsure then download the trial version, it's free, and give it a go.

10. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Hi asoare13,

I am running NOD and Outpost (in XP) and I am very happy with this combo.

aviro901 said:
    Can you explain what you mean?

kenshi siad:
    Any softwareprogram should have a forum as usually you get answers much quicker than through "official support channels". This forum is a great plus for anyone interested in NOD. This is not because NOD is too complicated but because whatever your queries are, someone will quickly respond. For initial setup just follow the instructions in this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=131758and you should be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.