NOD32 Program Update Hangs

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by robertm, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertm

robertm Registered Member

Trying to run the recent NOD32 program updates on a HP Pavilion P4, the update process gets to the end screen, then stops forever at a "Please Wait" screen. The application goes into "not responding" mode and Task Manager shows the CPU usage at 100%. After rebooting, I couldn't uninstall NOD32 and downloading and installing a fresh copy gives me the same problem!
    I've run these updates on many other PC's with no problem - has anyone else had this hanging issue?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello ! Welcome to Wilders !

Make sure you have no other AV software installed and running.
    Make sure you remove all temporary files from that computer by running Windows Disk Clean up from Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Cleanup

Now download the appropriate version for your NOD .
    Full paid version

Boot in Safe Mode and install it over your current installation , this will repair your NOD at the moment which seems corrupted somehow .

After that , reinstall NOD32 with the latest version using these instruction in Normal mode:
    1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 v 2.7 for your correct operating system
    Trial version
    Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

You can also read Blackspear's tutorial here.

Perform full scan from Control Center->NOD32->Run NOD32->Scan&Clean ;)

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'm not aware of any "Please wait" screen shown after update. Maybe a screenshot of it would explain what you mean.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

5. sangam

sangam Registered Member

i remember having come across an installation, they was a proxy server, but they also had a direct broadband internet connection to this particular machine, & the nod32 update process use to keep trying to connect & disconnect, without success. we were able to browse from that machine, though, without configuring the proxy, because there was this direct internet connection.

later however, when we put the proxy sever details in nod32, the update started working.

may or may not be related to what is happening here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.