nod32 problem with setiathome

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by derway, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derway

derway Registered Member

Hi there.

I have the non-boinc version of seti-cmd-line, in my startup folder. It starts up, and starts computing away immediately, in the background, at low priority.

When I reboot, (and system set to auto logon), when seti is started running before NOD, it nearly locks up the system. I mean clicking program icons starts the processes, but nothing is allowed to come up on the screen. NOT EVEN TASK MANAGER! Not for minutes!

I have to kill off the seti-at-home, (which already runs at lowest priority of course, so should have no effect), and then, suddenly, all my windows start popping up.

If I restart setiathome, running in background, it still has a significant impact on window's responsiveness, when NOD is running.

It has no impact when NOD is not running, or when KAV is running.

Is this a known problem?

By the way, I have tried excluding the seti directory from AMON, and that makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Don

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

are u using any parameters or flags for seti@home cmd line? have u tried using the gui version?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.