NOD32 prevents debugging with Eclipse/Flex on Vista

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by agresens, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agresens

agresens Registered Member

Hello

I'm bummed because my favorite anti-virus software is preventing me from user the debugger with the Adobe Flex Plug-in for Eclipse on Vista.

This happens even if:

* I add the java executable to a list of exceptions that IMON should ignore (Eclipse runs under Java).
    * turn off IMON completely.

The problem that happens is as follows:

1. I am able to launch the debugger the first time the IDE starts.
    2. Subsequent attempts to launch the debugger return a "Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_BIND".

This does not happen with inferior anti-virus products like Bitdefender, which I'm running a trial of now.

This also does not happen on Windows XP. I'm running NOD32 and this software without any issues on another machine.

The details of this problem have been documented on the following web page at the adobe site. The details include dumps from TCPView that show which ports are open before, during and after the issue happens.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webfor...id=651&threadid=1281271&enterthread=y#4633333

Thanks,

August

2. Shtong

Shtong Registered Member

I'm also having the same problem:When using Vista and Flex Builder and NOD32 (version 2.70.39), I'm unable to use debugging more than one time because of a "JVM_Bind" error :mad: . Details are the same as described into the post linked by agresens.

I hope this bug will be fixed soon. As I make an intensive use of the blocked feature for work, I cannot install NOD32 on my computer until that bug is fixed.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling AMON or IMON make a difference? In order to disable IMON, click the Quit button in the IMON panel and restart the computer.

4. Shtong

Shtong Registered Member

No it doesn't. I tried to deactivate every part of nod32, and I even tried to stop the NOD32 kernel service, but I still got the error after that.

5. Shtong

Shtong Registered Member

Hello, anyone here ?

If this this is not a place to get an official answer to these questions, so where should I submit the bug ?

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please send an email to support @ eset.com with a link to this thread.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

7. Shtong

Shtong Registered Member

I sent the mail and the support guys asked me to check the issue with the beta version of NOD32, and that beta version fixed the problem. So it's all fine now:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.