NOD32 plus another antispyware?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jamtoday, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamtoday

jamtoday Guest

Hi

As others experienced, NOD32 crashed following the 5418 update. I used the internet for a while afterwards without realising my PC was no longer protected because NOD32 taskbar icon remained green all the time. Eventually I noticed a no protection warning from Windows Action Centre.

Fortunately no harm done but I’m now wondering whether I should have Windows Defender or perhaps Prevx running in real-time alongside NOD32. If I turn on Windows Defender, Action Centre warns of performance issues running more than one antispyware in real-time. I’d like to hear some views from the Forum.

Thanks.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

either enabling WD or using Prevx will add to protection. In both cases with minimal impact, maybe disable WD scheduled scans leaving realtime on.

3. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

SUPERAntiSpyware also causes no problems with NOD32 when running in real time.

4. lordaeron64

lordaeron64 Registered Member

No problem too with nod32 4.2.64 and Malwarebytes 1.46

5. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Missing one signature update doesn't mean you're unprotected. I use Windows Defender (real time enabled) as my antispyware with ESET NOD32 Antivirus without problems. I don't think Windows Defender is updated as often (once every 2-3 days) as NOD32 (2-3 times per day).

Regards,

Mark

6. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

FWIW, I check the MS site for Windows Defender updates, and find that there are new updates every day, at least. They have to be manually downloaded, however, in my experience.

7. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Thanks for correcting me. I just let Windows Defender update via Windows Update and sometimes I check manually within the program myself.

8. jamtoday

jamtoday Guest

Hi Mark

I wasn't worried about a missing update. I was worried when I realised I'd been using the internet without any AV/AS.

The first I knew my pc was unprotected was when I noticed a warning flag in the taskbar from Windows Action Centre. When I clicked on the NOD icon - which remained green all the time - I got a blank GUI screen. Fortunately, a reboot re-enabled NOD32 and the correcting update got installed.

Regards
    John

9. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Have been using Prevx with NOD for almost 2 years now w/no problem. One does not interfere with the other, IMO. ;)

10. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Use a real time protectoin from another AniSpyware program is overkill!

That's the whole point of NOD32, light resource utilization :rolleyes:

I just ran manual weekly scans with my antispyware which is SuperAntiSpyware FTW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.