NOD32 only scans 5 files

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by hybridit, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hybridit

hybridit Registered Member

Does anyone have any similar issues with NOD32 v4 scanner not working correctly and only scanning 5 files when scanning (Quick and Complete)?

I know its an infection as I cannot go to any of the following sites to do scans either:
    1. MS OneCare Online
    2. Trend Micro Housecall

Just wondering if Eset knows about this infections as I used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and found and removed 265 infections and still not the infection affecting why NOD32 cannot scan.

... short on formatting the system which I am contemplating over the next 24 hours.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

256 infections as in various viruses and trojans? if yes you might be better off reformating

3. hybridit

Yup, various infections, trojans, webcrap and you name it from Malwarebytes and I just need the system "somewhat safer" than what it currently is.

I definitely would like the system formatted, however its our clients and the process is not as simple as just formatting as I would like.

So in the interim, I just wanted to detect and remove the infections while preparations are made for the user.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

who knows what damage is being done as malware is being removed. you can try to reinstall nod32 as it is obviously not working as designed

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

7. hybridit

Thanks for the replies. However the following online scanners were attempted and failed:
    * MS OneCare
    * Trend Micro Housecall
    * Eset Online (from Australian site)

It would either not load (Eset) or the page would go into a perpetual repeat of the same page when clicking on the scan link.

I just formatted the system due to the associated risk and it must have some hijacker to block online scanners - otherwise I would have loved to help.

I guess kudos to Eset for the AV to detect most that brought it to my attention - and thumbs down for Symantec EPP for not detecting anything prior to Eset install!

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

One off topic post removed. An ESET moderator is assisting in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.