Nod32 on XP x64

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cybermax, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cybermax

Cybermax Registered Member

I recently updated my Nod32 to the latest 2.51.20 from the download section on eset.com.. This was obviously not that smart a move it seems..

I tried searching the forums for any posts regarding XP x64, but it seems either noone got any problems, or noone using nod32 for XP x64

However.. after reinstalling nod32 with the latest 2.51.20 engine version from scratch, i have various problems. One is that the tray icon for nod32 does not show.. and i cannot open the nod32 ui at all even if running the shortcut from the start menu.

The other is that frequently when logging on, the computer will hang totally when loading nod32. I can move the mouse, but the mouse cursor is stuck in the "hourglass" mode, and i cant do anything (ctrl-alt-del does not open the taskmanager).

This has happened on 2 different machines with XP x64 now! I do not have this problem on any of my regular 32 bit XP installs..

I also had a problem on a 3rd XP x64 machine when trying to install Adobe Photoshop CS.. The computer would just hang on the installer, and never complete the install. Once i disabled nod32, everything worked just fine.. This was also the 2.51.20 version.

So.. Is there something wrong with the 2.51.20 version and XP x64? Or is it just me that have 3 different hosed systems? As everything seemed fine the first 2-3 boots when i did this on the first machine, i of course went along and updated all 3 computers, and deleted my old install file altogether :p So.. Im now stuck with 2.51.20, and no chance to get the old version back it seems..

Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.