NOD32 on Vista

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by NadaWTB, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NadaWTB

NadaWTB Registered Member

I am using NOD32 2.70.32 on Vista Enterprise Edition, when I right click on a file to scan it, i get "User does not have administrator privileges. The Anti-Stealth technology is working in limited mode." Is there a setting in either NOD32 or Vista that I need to adjust?

below is the entire log:

Scan performed at: 2/26/2007 0:22:37 AM
    Scanning Log
    NOD32 version 2080 (20070225) NT
    Command line: C:\Users\NadaWTB\Desktop\Vista Pack for XP.rar
    Operating memory - error opening (Access denied) [4]
    Operating memory - is OK
    MBR sector of the 1. physical disk - Error reading disk sector
    MBR sector of the 2. physical disk - Error reading disk sector
    MBR sector of the 3. physical disk - Error reading disk sector
    MBR sector of the 4. physical disk - Error reading disk sector

Date: 26.2.2007 Time: 00:22:53
    User does not have administrator privileges. The Anti-Stealth technology is working in limited mode.
    Scanned disks, folders and files: C:\Users\NadaWTB\Desktop\Vista Pack for XP.rar
    Number of scanned files: 312
    Number of threats found: 0
    Time of completion: 00:22:59 Total scanning time: 6 sec (00:00:06)

2. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

Please make sure you've logged in as system administrator

3. NadaWTB

I am logged in as admin. I have even tried to give the nod32.exe file run as admin rights but when I do the NOD32 errors and will not run.

4. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

5. NadaWTB

I installed using the NOD32 pre-configured (BS's Extra settings) method. But I just recieved a notice of compatabilty from Vista about NOD32 2.70.32.0. I let Vista send the info off to try and find a solution. It generated a appcompat.txt but it is not understandable to someone like myself. I have attached the file

Attached Files:

6. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

I'm too running Vista, but never had similar problems. Mine's Home Premium, 32 bit BTW.

Your problem indeed appears weird to me, and admittedly, puts me at my wit's end. I hope some more knowledgable person will be able to answer your question.

7. NadaWTB

Me too, I am running Vista Enterprise Edition 32bit, but I had the same problem when I ran a trial of Vista Ultimate.

8. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I got a similar report in the Scanner Log also to Nada's but at least it scanned the file and reported it was clean

This incidently is the first time I have scanned a file singulary like this

Vista Ultimate BTW

9. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

try turning off the user account control and see if it works, i found it to create a lot of issues for some applications that would normally require an administrator.

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is Vista that you need to adjust . ;) It is all connected to Vista's new security feautures and they way it handles applications.Read this thread , people with the same problem.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=164780&highlight=Anti Stealth

You need to run in admin account and give C:\Program files\NOD32.exe admin (the highest) rights . If you can't find a solution to your problem,disable User Account Control in Windows Vista to see if this makes difference . If you want to keep UAC enabled and you can't find other solution , contact ESET Technical Support for further help:thumb:

11. NadaWTB

thank you for your responses, above is what I posted in the https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=164780&highlight=Anti Stealth thread

I Like NOD32 and always highly recommend it to my friends and business acquaintances.

12. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

Strange I have UAC enabled, logged in as admin and never a problem...o_O
    Edit: On a double check I found I had this message too...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi again.Thanks for letting me know . May be ESET or Microsoft will do everything to make it easier for the end-users with next NOD versions or Vista SP1 . I still use older versions of Windows (XP mainly) because I realise Vista is brand new product and although it had long public BETA there still might be something unpolished . In my opinion fully updated XP SP2 with NOD32 can be really secure.From what I have heard Vista's UAC is not "very user friendly" but if you do want to use it , you can always contact ESET Tech Support or Microsoft Support for further assistance . Both ESET and Microsoft are very friendly and helpful with their customers , I can't complain from the support ;)

I gave you a link to the ESET Support , here is how you can contact Microsoft for support (both via web,email or phone) :thumb:

14. NadaWTB

I agree, and did not mean to sound like it was all Eset's fault. I did send the appcompat.txt that Vista generated about nod32 to MS.

15. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No worries . ;) :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.