NOD32 on an SMTP Gateway?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by eddiewood, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiewood

eddiewood Registered Member

Hi

I'm using IIS as an SMTP relay server at the gateway and currently have Sophos Puremessage on it. It scans and then forwards the inbound/oubound email.

For example, Puremessage can block SMTP email based on file name, file type or subject line and also has Outbreak Protection that blocks an email sent to more than X number of recipients. I think it also blocks X number of emails in X time etc.

Is there an SMTP component to NOD32 that does similar? Or will the server version just scan email as it passes through the inbound/oubound folders?

Regards,

Ed.

2. mforys

mforys Registered Member

Ed, Did you ever get a reply to your post (below)? I too am curious of the answer...
    -Matthew
    ==================

Hi

I'm using IIS as an SMTP relay server at the gateway and currently have Sophos Puremessage on it. It scans and then forwards the inbound/oubound email.

For example, Puremessage can block SMTP email based on file name, file type or subject line and also has Outbreak Protection that blocks an email sent to more than X number of recipients. I think it also blocks X number of emails in X time etc.

Is there an SMTP component to NOD32 that does similar? Or will the server version just scan email as it passes through the inbound/oubound folders?

Regards,

Ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.