NOD32 not updating

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by camstans, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camstans

camstans Registered Member

Hi I have several licenses of NOD32 Antivirus which are working fine except for one machine.
    It says my license is valid until 30/11/2010 however it is not updating the definitions and hasnt since may.
    I have tried to reinstall the program but that does not help.
    there are links to upgrade or purchase full version?? which is what i already had purchased.
    When i click on either of these links i receive a alert message telling me that upgrading failed??
    I am also unable to select any options on the left navigiation.

Thanks

2. camstans

On another machine, I have attempted to upgrade NOD32 to version 4. Firstly i cannot uninstall the previous version with the uninstaller which was installed with the program or the separate uninstaller downloaded from your website. When I try to install version 4 I cannot and receive an alert: A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\eav_nt32.msi.
    Now if I start NOD32 it tells me my Antivirus protection disabled, A serious error occurred while starting real-time file system protection. The computer is not protected against threats. The program needs to be reinstalled! An error occurred while starting services. Analysis of application protocols (POP3, HTTP) will not function.
    So now I have NO protection and cannot reinstall the program.

3. camstans

Sorry this should have been posted in ESET NOD32 Antivirus Forum .

I have managed to resolve this by starting in safe mode, deleting all Eset program and application data files, restarting and reinstalling Nod32 v4.

i will attempt this on the machine that is not updating.

hope this helps someone at least

4. Arsynic

Arsynic Registered Member

Are you using and internal or external update server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.