NOD32 not updating?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Fire_Emblem, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Emblem

Fire_Emblem Registered Member

Hi,
    Right now in my About page, it says I'm using 4.0.424.0 of Nod32 AV 4. The latest one is 4.0.437.0, but clicking on update does not seem to update my components to the latest one? (Actually it seems that it only checks for virus signature files)

Also, is there a way to check if I'm using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the program? I'm using Vista x64, and want to make sure I did indeed install the 64-bit version of Nod32 (I can't recall anymore).

Thanks, I appreciate any help

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As for updating the program, please read here.

You must have installed a 64-bit version of EAV as the 32-bit installer would have refused to install on a 64-bit Windows.

3. Fire_Emblem

Thanks for the response. :) From what I understand: the newer builds aren't being automatically distributed to v4 users because the fixes are minor and may cause more problems than they fix.

Alright, that's completely understandable I guess. But let's say a major update is done and several important fixes were made, hypothetically in say build 4.0.500.0. Will this build automatically be distributed to all users, regardless if they are currently using 4.0.424.0 or 4.0.437.0? Or is it a technical limitation that users have to manually install new build updates? I don't mind using an older build, but I'd just like to make it clear if I can continue to just "set and forget" NOD32 v4 or if I have to manually update it if a major update was later made down the road.

Thanks.

4. Fire_Emblem

Could you clarify?

Thanks

5. Fire_Emblem

Could an ESET support clarify, pretty please?

:)

6. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello Fire_Emblem,

A "Program Component Upgrade" usually requires a reboot to finish the installation. Many of these minor revisions aren't needed by the majority ESET users so until the upgrade is important enough it's usually only available by manually downloading.

This article explains in a little more detail.

http://www.eset.eu/support/what-is-update

BFG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.