NOD32 not scanning MSN received files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by coolbluewater, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

I have v2.7 of NOD32

When I receive a file from someone its says "antivirus scan failed" or something to that effect.

Is there an option I'm overlooking?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 scans all kind of files with its protection module AMON . Don't worry about the protection . If you want to use MSN's option to scan files with NOD32 , you can open its options -> File transfer -> choose to scan files for viruses and type the following :

Code:
    C:\Program files\ESET\nod32.exe /adware /ah /all /antistealth+ /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /unwanted /wrap
    You can use copy/paste but please , be correct if you want it working . This will auto make all files been scanned by NOD32 for all kind of crap and auto eliminate the infected one ;)

3. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

Thank you HTB,

That did the trick :)

The MSN file transfer options were still pointing to Norton AV, which I s-canned before I installed NOD32. Doh!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.