NOD32 not automatically loading at startup (after virus attack)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by petef, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petef

petef Registered Member

XP Computer was hit by Olmarik MBR infection which disabled NOD32. I successfully cleaned the computer and now dealing with damage remainng to NOD32. NOD32 seems to be working normally if I run it from All Programs but it's not starting up automatically when Win XP starts. The NOD32 item is missing in MSCONFIG Startup.

Do I need to reinstall NOD32 or is there another way to get NOD32 to startup when Windows starts?

Reinstalling is going to be a pain because I don't have the user ID and password for NOD32 because the owner never wrote it down. Too bad we can't export the user ID and PW from within NOD32.

---pete---

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Worth reinstalling over the top and choosing "use current settings"? Or exporting the settings via the GUI and then installing via "I'll setup update parameters later" ?

Jim

3. petef

petef Registered Member

Thanks Jim, it turned out that they had purchased a new license about a month ago and I was able to find the ESET email with the password, so I then uninstalled it and reinstalled from scratch to avoid any problems.

---pete---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.