NOD32 not automatically loading at startup (after virus attack)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by petef, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petef

petef Registered Member

XP Computer was hit by Olmarik MBR infection which disabled NOD32. I successfully cleaned the computer and now dealing with damage remainng to NOD32. NOD32 seems to be working normally if I run it from All Programs but it's not starting up automatically when Win XP starts. The NOD32 item is missing in MSCONFIG Startup.

Do I need to reinstall NOD32 or is there another way to get NOD32 to startup when Windows starts?

Reinstalling is going to be a pain because I don't have the user ID and password for NOD32 because the owner never wrote it down. Too bad we can't export the user ID and PW from within NOD32.

---pete---

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Worth reinstalling over the top and choosing "use current settings"? Or exporting the settings via the GUI and then installing via "I'll setup update parameters later" ?

Jim

3. petef

petef Registered Member

Thanks Jim, it turned out that they had purchased a new license about a month ago and I was able to find the ESET email with the password, so I then uninstalled it and reinstalled from scratch to avoid any problems.

---pete---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.