Nod32 missing tray icon

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Anon43, Jun 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon43

Anon43 Registered Member

It was working fine for about 3-4 days...

Instead od trying to fix this problem I'll try to get my refund.

Can someone tell me how to do that ?

Should I use that support@nod32.com email address ?

So far they haven't answered my emails :(

Actually thay did with the request to do a survey about their tech support LOL.

What tech support ?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  2. norky

norky Registered Member

if you're using xp, do you have "hide inactive icons" on?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please drop an email to support@nod32.com. It should not contain any spam words nor infected attachements for the email to be delivered to the support. There are quite many emails which are bounced back due to an incorrect address specified in support requests, or sometimes the user uses an antispam filter which requires replying to the email. Though we are doing our best to reply to such emails and go through all spam messages filtered, it may happen that a few of them escape our attention.
    As to the problem with the NOD32 icon not being displayed, I would need to know what oper. system you use. Are you able to start CC manually from the Start menu?

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

My experience has been that if you fill out that support form you will never hear back. Your request goes into some "black hole". I have had excellent luck with sending email directly to support@nod32.com. I have had so-so experience with replies from samples@nod32.com.

I do not rely on spam filters. I simply practice safe computing and get very little spam as a result . I don't expect others to have to put up with spam filters especially those horrible ones that require some kind of confirmation and going through hoops. I don't think Eset should have to put up with that sort of garbage from users either. Anyone using those kinds of filters should turn them off.

If there is a problem with incorrect email addresses in the support forms then it seems to me that those support forms should be done away with and the user should send directly from their own email client. I'm sure Eset likes the forms because users frequently forget to include very important basic information such as what OS they are using. They have to fill that sort of information out if using the support form.

I don't know what happened in this instance, but I'm sure that now Marcos is aware of your problem that it can be swiftly solved.

5. Anon43

Anon43 Registered Member

Thank you for the replies.

No response yet.

Marcos can you tell me what WORDS can I use to get my refund ?

I have already purchased another AV product (Trend Micro Internet Security) and have no interest in trying to solve this problem.

I have a felling you guys don't want to support your users, I mean what's the point in having to fill out a form for tech support that will never be answered or having an aggressive spam filter ?

I keep using the email address I used for the purchase.
    Is it so hard to whitelist such email addresses ?

I mean I'm not some expert in software or whatever but I'm pretty sure you can do that.

I just wish I had used my credit card.

:mad:

6. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    You can try to do a new installation.
    Try to remove NOD and restart. Remove the ESET folder located in C:\Porgrams Files (english version of windows) and restart again. Then download a fresh setup package from ESET and install and configure NOD again. It's not normal. I've NOD installed on 2 PCs for about 2 or more months and the icon still appear on every start. Do you have Sygate?, when I was a user of Sygate, sometimes the icon has dissapeared. Maybe a incompatibility.
    Regards.

7. Anon43

Anon43 Registered Member

Yes I was using Sygate. But for some reson it worked fine for about couple of days.

The thing is I have already paid for TrendMicro Security Suite and I like it so far.

Does anyone know how can I contact ESET team and get my refund ?

I hate doing bussiness with a company that can't/won't reply to a simple email.

I'm just worried that I won't be able to contact them within 30 days :(

Thanks again.

PS Norky I do have the Hide Inactive Icons On, but the NOD32 icon was set to 'always show'

8. sig

sig Registered Member

I responded in your "ESET sucks!" thread over at BBR. That was before I understood that you sent an email asking for a refund on Saturday (yesterday) and now are posting elsewhere for assistance because you didn't get a response from ESET today (Sunday).

9. norky

norky Registered Member

so if you have a problem with trend micro, are you going to ask for a refund too? all software has problems, you should at least let tech support try and help you fix yours.

10. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

lets see:- pay for software,get username/password for software,complain:-want refund,might get refund does that username/password combo get deactivated or is it possibe to use it and keep software and use for free?
    This is all theory and nobody would try to get free software would they??
    PS have you set to hide icon within nod not windows?

11. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

UN and PW are deactivated.

In the first instance, where did you purchase from, what website or store, and do they advertise a 30 day moneyback guarantee?

Cheers :D

12. Anon43

Anon43 Registered Member

@sig

Well I started having problems on 14th I believe, and I did fill the support form on their website several times, they did not respond, but they did send me an email to do a survey about their tech support.

@norky

No I'll try to solve the problem first, just like I did with ESET.
    This is not the first time I had problems with software, and I think once I pay for something I didn't pay for the software only but for some form of tech support too...
    Don't you agree ?

@steve1955

I hope they'll deactivate it, but it doesn't matter, because I don't use ESET software anymore, nor I have any intentions do to so in the future.
    If you want the get free software you can go warez, in fact I know that there are patches for NOD32 2.0 all over the net.
    I have few friends using pirated NOD32 and they did recommend it to me LOL.
    Only I had problems with it unlike them :(

@Blackspear

I got it from their website, www.nod32.com.
    Don't know about the money guarantee though...

Thanks for the replies :)

BTW I just got the response from support@nod32.com and of course they want to fix the problem, but I think that will be extremely hard without the NOD32 software installed :rolleyes:

13. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'm not aware of any survey we provide by email. It would be interesting for me to see the email you got, please send it to support@nod32.com.

We are doing our best to respond to all requests in as short time as possible, however, gremlins never sleep and maybe there was a problem submitting the the requests through your browser, which might not have reached us consequently. Therefore, in case you experience some problem with not receiving a response within a reasonable time frame, I suggest you urge the problem by dropping an email to support@nod32.com, or contact our US support by phone.

14. Anon43

Anon43 Registered Member

Unfortunately I don''t have the copies any more. I get a lot of spam and delete bunch of messages every day.

You can go to http://www.nod32.com/support/supreq_us.htm to fill out a form and in about 2-3 days you'l receive some kind of survey request.

15. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Is this the "survey" you got?

Hello,

I would like to follow up on your tech support inquiry. Did you receive a
    response within a reasonable time frame? When you were contacted, were you
    able to achieve the results you wanted? If not, were your questions answered
    to your satisfaction? We understand that this is an extra step for you; if
    you would reply to this message letting us know what the turn out of your
    issue was, we can either devote more attention to solving the problem, or
    close your ticket to assist the next in the queue.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Your Eset Team

16. Anon43

Anon43 Registered Member

Probably, can't remember. I have to deal with a lot of spam and don't really pay much attention to each email message.

17. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

If that is what you got that comes from the USA office and isn't exactly a "survey". It is just asking for an informal response by email not asking for you to click on a link to a web survey to fill out. I think Marcos is being confused by your characterizing this as a "survey".

Obviously, if you got that followup email but didn't get any email from tech support at eset.nod.sk then something went wrong with the transfer of your email to NOD32 USA to Eset. The headers on my request for tech support and the return path from support were rather weird. It appears that the USA office has a strange method of rerouting support requests on the first request. After that, subsequent emails seem to come directly from eset. Of course, perhaps I am just reading the headers wrong...that is a possibility also. But I was really puzzled by what appeared to be a convoluted way to get my request to eset. And I didn't even use that form you fill out on the NOD 32 support page. I just sent an email to support@nod32.com. I got a very prompt response but that might not be the case the next time. I wonder why we can't just send support requests directly to eset? Maybe then some, like yours, wouldn't get dropped in some black hole? If NOD32 USA is not going to be giving the tech support why does the request need to go through them and be rerouted eventually through owners, etc. to Eset?

>-----Original Message-----

18. Anon43

Anon43 Registered Member

I don't know. All I know that I have received that 'survey' 3 times, because I tried to reach them using that form 3 times.

Never received any response.

Right now I'm waiting to get a response to my email to support@nod32.com. They did reply once, and that was yesterday.

I had a bad feeling about this one, I should not have purchased it :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.