NOD32 missed toy.exe worm

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by AlphaQuad, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlphaQuad

AlphaQuad Registered Member

Yesterday I got infected with the toy.exe usb worm. Is there any setting I have to add to NOD32 to avoid being infected in the future, or is NOD32 unable to detect this worm.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi AlphaQuad, welcome to Wilders.

Could you please take the following steps:

1. Upload a sample to www.virustotal.com This service will provide an answer as to which antivirus companies are detecting the file, including Eset.

2. Send a sample to samples@eset.com

NOTE: for future reference, please only send files that you are certain are malware or suspicious, so the virus lab isn't overloaded.

Please include with your email, both the sample and the Virus Total scan results.

Cheers :D

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, make sure that you have scanned it with the most current version of NOD32. I've found some that is detected, so perhaps you're just using an outdated NOD32

Edit: I've just found that a Russian guy submitted it yestereday, if it was you then it's the very same sample I scanned at VirusTotal

Attached Files:

• toy.png
      toy.png
      File size:
      15.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  4. AlphaQuad

AlphaQuad Registered Member

OK Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I really appreciate the fast response :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.