NOD32 Mailserver for OpenBSD

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by subzero, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subzero

subzero Registered Member

Hi there,

For a long time from now, I wait to see if ESET release an NOD32 Mailserver version for OpenBSD, as time is passing by and no announce is done about
    this I ask myself if it is a lost cause ? Will ever ESET release a version for OpenBSD (i see just FreeBSD out there) ? Well I really want to see my e-mail gateways running NOD + OpenBSD ! Maybe becouse I`m just sick with running low quality linux OS, maybe becouse whey said that in the future will be a release. We purchase a big number of licenses for NOD32 (1000+) and I really ask myself if they will expand their horizon or will stick with their actual versions.
    I must say that on my actual boxes, NOD32 perform outstanding with the rate of detection and cleaning viruses, so a can`t complain about this, and his scan speed is super fast (doing this with a minimum load) and that is amazing but I wish to see that ESET can expand his horizon and make their customers happy ?
    We need a higher level of security witch OpenBSD can offer , will ESET offer suport for that OS in the near future ? This is my question ... I will really realy hate to switch to another antivirus witch can offer suport after my licences expires

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Subzero, welcome to Wilders.

With this question can you please send an email to support@nod32.com

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop as to answers received...

Cheers :D

3. subzero

subzero Registered Member

After I send an e-mail to support@eset I recive an answer ...

----
    Hello,

we plan to make an OpenBSD version NOD32 for LMS within the first half of
    next year.

Best regards,

Mark
    ----

This is a good news !!!

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Thanks for letting us know subzero.

Cheers :D