Nod32 locks up my system every time I start it

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Little-Acorn, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Registered Member

This is probably a well-known problem which has been solved a million times. Sorry, but I'm a newbie and didn't see it mentioned in any othe threads on this page.

I put NOD32 on my system (Win XP Pro) a few months ago. Good news is, now virus activity seems a whole lot lower - yay!

Bad news is, whenever I turn on my system, or sign off and another user signs on, NOD32 seems to go into action, and the system practically comes to a complete halt for 15-20 minutes. I know it's doing good stuff during that time, but sometimes I don't want to wait.

Is there a way to tell it, Don't run this time?

I've seen a menu that seems to let me set certain kinds of scans for certain times., which would seem to be the eway to solve my problem. But when I pick only certain scans to run, say, only once a week, I can't find anything in the menu that says, "Now put these changes in place". And when I reboot, NOD32 keeps taking over the system every time, apparently ignoring the changes I tried to make. Apparently it somehow never got them.

How do I get NOD32 to NOT run except when I tell it?

Thanx all,
    Little-Acorn

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

hmmm....go to Scheduler/Planner and let only Regular automatic update enabled.

Disable all other options, lile Startup file check...etc.
    See what happens. :)

3. nonmirecordo

nonmirecordo Registered Member

Probably nothing to do with your question but what do you actually mean by this?

4. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Registered Member

Used to be when I started up, and especially when I accessed the internet, I'd get zillions of popups for every subject imaginable. It would get even worse after my teenage son had been using the computer... hmmm. The system would run very slowly. After installing NOD32, virtually all those things went away, and the computer acts clean as a whistle.

5. Elwood

Elwood Registered Member

You probably have other malware that NOD32 can't detect or remove properly. Adware and Spyware are better left to products like AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy to handle (if possible, many newer malwares are resistant to removal by these and require specialized procedures to remove).

You should probably seek help at a forum which allows the posting of HiJackThis and other types of log files.

6. alglove

alglove Registered Member

What is NOD32 doing to hog your computer when you start it? It is doing a full system scan? Checking for updates? How do you know it is NOD32, and not something else? This may help pinpoint the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.