NOD32 & Linkscanner

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Rico, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

It seems that in order to get LinkScanner installed & working correctly, I must uninstall NOD32, install LinkScanner first, then install NOD32.

Can I save my current NOD32 configuratiuon, uninstall NOD32, install LinkScanner, the re-install NOD32 & have it find my current/saved config?

Thanks & Take Care
    Rico

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Who told you you have to uninstall NOD32 before installing the LinkScanner, I've never had to uninstall NOD32 for any piece of software in over 4 years.

I would just go ahead and install the LinkScanner.

Cheers :D

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Link Scanner installs a LSP hook, so it'll corrupt IMON and neither will function properly.

4. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Pas d'accord ;) , NOD detects the modification/creation and request a restart

MaB

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I found out about the uninstall at:

Blackspear - See https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=171218 see post 2.

MaB69 - IMON did request a reboot & LinkScanner did not work right. Not sure if NOD was still functional, as I did not put it through all its paces.

Lucas - I think that's why LinkScanner wants to be installed first then NOD.

Now then, can I uninstall NOD32 & save its config. > install Link > install NOD & have my old NOD configo_Oo_O?

Thanks & Take Care
    Rico

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.